Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2010, 08:26 AM

28 posts, read 73,822 times

Advertisements

Does anyone here have an opinion on whether now is a good time to buy an in-town condo (uptown, Elizabeth, Plaza Midwood, maybe NoDa). It seems like a good opportunity in some regards, especially uptown, as I've found a number of places for sale there that I wouldn't be able to afford normally. However, I'm a little concerned because Charlotte seems to have a lot of unsold condos/townhomes yet they keep building more and more. Of course, I would make sure to buy one in a complex where most of the units are already sold. But other than that, should I have any concerns? Is there a best time of year to buy one (I'm not in a rush)? Thanks for any help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2010, 08:47 AM

3,320 posts, read 5,570,918 times
If you are not in a rush - wait. They will very likely be much cheaper next year and even cheaper the year after.......

Old 11-07-2010, 12:08 PM

3,071 posts, read 9,140,046 times
Dont forget when you buy the condo you are also signing an agreement about upkeep. insurance.etc etc and agree to the rules forever set up by the "HOA" Read and understand every last word on this part of the contract. Its too late to complain after the deal is made................even 50 years from now.

Old 11-07-2010, 05:09 PM

154 posts, read 328,601 times
no kidding you are signing an agreement signing the same agreement/contract you sign when you buy a car or rent a house

Old 11-08-2010, 06:13 AM

9,116 posts, read 17,728,403 times
The best and most honest answer anyone can give you right now is "it depends".

We don't know enough about your personal situation, or what your motives are to but this condo to give you an answer.

Condos/Townhomes have their adv/disadvantages just like anything else, so one must do their homework before making a huge purchase like that....

Old 11-08-2010, 09:01 AM

3,320 posts, read 5,570,918 times
Graciebaby - Coupon is correct. The answer to this depends on each individuals situation.

I assume you know the pitfalls/perils of purchasing a condominium and hopefully you are working with a good buyers agent.

My opinion is that property values will likely fall over the next few years. If I am right, is it acceptable to you to have paid more for the unit than it is worth? If so, now may be the right time for you to buy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: