U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2012, 03:51 PM

714 posts, read 2,024,743 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharmommy View Post
I think everyone who posted some "funny" response or criticized me ought to watch the new movie "Bully." It starts in childhood, but it obviously continues into adulthood. Just because it's anonymous here doesn't make it justified to bully people online. If you don't like what I write, don't respond.

The original intent of this website was to help people find information about places, and sadly, it's morphed into people attacking other people just for fun. Pretty sick.
Oh, sweetie, where to start?

Your initial post in this thread essentially stereotyped and insulted an entire region of our fine country.

If that isn't "bullying" or "attacking other people just for fun" then I don't know what is.

It might be time for you to invest in a mirror.

All I know, is I hope you found a place to live that's far away from me. I don't like bullies.

Old 03-07-2012, 10:51 PM

21,836 posts, read 27,084,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pharmommy View Post
I think everyone who posted some "funny" response or criticized me ought to watch the new movie "Bully." It starts in childhood, but it obviously continues into adulthood. Just because it's anonymous here doesn't make it justified to bully people online. If you don't like what I write, don't respond.

The original intent of this website was to help people find information about places, and sadly, it's morphed into people attacking other people just for fun. Pretty sick.
Well, Hon, I sure do hope that you found some place.

I think it's sad that you had to come back after all of this time & say something else nasty. The best help that I can give you is to remind you. . . You get back what you give off.

Old 03-08-2012, 07:59 AM

1,969 posts, read 3,062,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
Well, Hon, I sure do hope that you found some place.

I think it's sad that you had to come back after all of this time & say something else nasty. The best help that I can give you is to remind you. . . You get back what you give off.

No, I'm pretty sure the problem isn't her, it's everyone else that comes in contact with her

Old 03-08-2012, 11:29 AM

28 posts, read 49,449 times
Once you show up in Canton with a Packer's jersey, it's all over. It's like a virus.

Old 03-11-2012, 09:57 AM

38 posts, read 63,648 times
Smile Why paint everyone with the same brush?

There are people from the N/E who are looking for the exact same things. Civility whether driving or walking in a mall or down the block. Some of us from the N/E are tired of the rude rat race. That's why we moved here too

Old 03-15-2012, 07:49 AM

79 posts, read 163,789 times
HAHA, aren't we all.

Old 03-15-2012, 12:20 PM

93 posts, read 142,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilltopper_2 View Post
There are people from the N/E who are looking for the exact same things. Civility whether driving or walking in a mall or down the block. Some of us from the N/E are tired of the rude rat race. That's why we moved here too
This has been an entertaining thread, but I agree about most of it. Being from the southern/central area of NH, and going to Boston, CT, NY(C), and NJ several times I have wanted to move away from here for a long time. Although to be fair, NJ/NYC/Boston are a lot different then VT, ME, and northern NH.

Old 03-20-2012, 10:44 AM

642 posts, read 985,499 times
Our differences are what make us interesting. One joy of living in several different countries has been to meet and live among many different cultures.

Now, I was born in London, UK which is one of the most diverse cites on the planet. Today there is a real buzz about the place and this is largely brought about by all the different nationalities and cultures living there.

Ovbiously there are some places (in most towns) that I would not care to live. But that is another story.

We are moving to Charlotte - to the Steele Creek area - next year. I am really looking forward to meeting and mixing with the local cultural mix. I love to soutern way of life and think that the Charlotte accent is just fantastic. Compared with where I live now in a provincial UK town, Charlotte is so c l e a n. Love it.

Old 03-20-2012, 02:01 PM

346 posts, read 548,061 times
Here's a question, where did all the natives go? I guess I'm curious to know about population growth. Are there still a lot of natives coupled with northerners? How will this area compensate for growth then? We moved to Fort Mill several months ago and I will admit I am surprised at how many northerners have transplanted to this area. What's weird to think about is we only moved 4 hours away from home and there's not much at all in the way of transplants there. I wonder how Atlanta compares to Charlotte in that regard? Has the population in the NE decreased as a whole?

Old 03-20-2012, 02:10 PM

22,974 posts, read 58,429,220 times
Here is an interesting map, it shows the net inbound and outbound where everyone is relocating to.
If you click on one of the lines it will give specific net for that county.

American Migration [Interactive Map] - Forbes
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte