Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2009, 07:46 AM

5 posts, read 10,053 times

Advertisements

Hello All,

I just heard about this new community M/I homes have opened up in Ballantyne area. Does anybody know anything about this community? I heard that it was originally started by Beazer homes few years back. I don’t know what happened, but they have moved out. Overall M/I homes seem to be having a good reputation and ratings.

I wanted to see what would be the advantages and disadvantages in considering this community. How do you rate M/I homes against Centex and Ryan homes as a builder? These are the other two builders that are building some new houses in Ballantyne area.

I really appreciate any kind of feed back and opinion on the Ardrey woods community and it's location and buying a home with M/I homes.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2009, 08:43 AM

57 posts, read 142,327 times
Can't offer too much info on the builder, but I will say the area is fantastic. Best in Charlotte in my humble opinion. GREAT schools, great shopping, great everything. Entire area is new and very nice. Do I live here? Yup!!

Old 11-08-2009, 08:50 AM

797 posts, read 3,294,619 times
Yea, Beazer went belly up and really put that neighborhood in a pickle. It's a good area and the cheapest price housing for new construction in the area. But then again the lots on the existing are really tiny (like .16 etc)

Old 11-08-2009, 10:56 AM

1,039 posts, read 3,003,805 times
We just purchased an MI new construction home and were very pleased with the entire process. I am not sure who the on site rep is but Jamie Bradley was ours and she took very good care of us. Our situation got rather complicated but it all worked out in the end. If not for their entire team, site rep, financing, closing coordinators... it would have easily fallen apart. They almost make you feel like they are working for you rather than MI Homes. Now the home itself... It is a well built, good quality home. My husband has 2 close friends who are architects, they both gave the house a thumbs up. Then there is the 30 year TRANSFERABLE warranty. I could go on and on. Bottom line, we are very happy with our home and how MI took care of us. Good luck...

Old 12-23-2009, 08:41 AM

3,365 posts, read 10,019,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gkleoni1 View Post
We just purchased an MI new construction home and were very pleased with the entire process. I am not sure who the on site rep is but Jamie Bradley was ours and she took very good care of us. Our situation got rather complicated but it all worked out in the end. If not for their entire team, site rep, financing, closing coordinators... it would have easily fallen apart. They almost make you feel like they are working for you rather than MI Homes. Now the home itself... It is a well built, good quality home. My husband has 2 close friends who are architects, they both gave the house a thumbs up. Then there is the 30 year TRANSFERABLE warranty. I could go on and on. Bottom line, we are very happy with our home and how MI took care of us. Good luck...

When we had the pre-drywall inspection, our inspector turned round and said that we have a really well built house.

2 1/2 years later I still love my house.

Oh and for a while we where dealing with Jamie, she's great to deal with.

Old 11-17-2010, 04:50 PM

2 posts, read 8,822 times
Default M/I Homes Tega Cay area -Creekshire neighborhood off Zoar Rd.

Has anyone heard about the Creekshire neighborhood that M/I Homes just started building in? DR Horton & Niblock used to build in there but from what I hear - M/I bought the land and now they are the only builders in Creekshire. I'm hearing good things about M/I...

Old 11-18-2010, 08:37 AM

1 posts, read 2,902 times
Hey! I am familiar with the area and the Ardrey Woods location is awesome. I have heard nothing but good things about M/I Homes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: