Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2010, 10:19 AM

689 posts, read 1,657,009 times

Advertisements

First off...I don't work for any of these companies--but I wanted to give a shout to two companies who have given me excellent service lately.

If you own a Honda...I HIGHLY recommend Compact Car Service on Independence. They only service Acuras and Hondas and they are honest, helpful, knowledgeable and did I mention honest??? They have serviced my cars for the past 15 years and I am always pleased with them.

The other is Hendrick Honda on South Blvd. I recently had to have major work done by them {I called Compact Car and they told me they couldn't beat the price and that I should go with Hendrick.} They gave me a loaner for the weekend without me asking them and have been super helpful with replacing my transmission. I have purchased two Hondas from them and have always been pleased.

Last edited by jayhawks91; 10-23-2010 at 10:41 AM.. Reason: poor grammar
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2010, 10:40 AM

7,041 posts, read 15,038,729 times
I would second Compact Car Service. They are awesome. Just too far from the University area.

Old 10-23-2010, 01:26 PM

292 posts, read 671,961 times
Oh my, I LOVE Compact Car Service! I have recently started using them (a recommendation from a co-worker) and they have been nothing but honest. They even recommended letting the car go instead of investing thousands of dollars into fixing it. They didn't even charge me for checking it out and diagnosing it. A++

They are located a little far from Huntersville but completely worth the drive.

Old 10-23-2010, 01:33 PM

8,402 posts, read 24,227,219 times
I've never used CCS but I've seen them highly recommended many times, including from coworkers.

Old 10-23-2010, 08:45 PM

870 posts, read 3,528,627 times
Have never heard of CCS but would stay far away from Hendrick. Metro Honda in Indian Trail is much less on the price for services than Hendrick and Crown because they are not in Mecklenberg County.

Old 10-24-2010, 12:38 AM

2,186 posts, read 4,184,048 times
+1 on Hendrick Honda

I've dealt with three different Hendrick dealers of various brands in CLT for both sales and service and I've never had a problem.

FYI, Metro Honda used to be "Rick Hendrick's Honda Cars of Monroe". I've kicked some tires at that dealer but have never bought there. Everyone I dealt with was very nice and professional.

Old 10-25-2010, 05:23 AM

587 posts, read 1,625,252 times
I do have a Honda and am new to Charlotte. Thanks so much for the heads up on these two services - Great to know!!

Old 10-25-2010, 08:29 AM

81 posts, read 238,590 times
Since we are talking about Honda Repairs, I will have to add one to the list here:

Select Imports (Welcome to Select Import - Independent Honda & Acura Service and Repair Charlotte NC) is also excellent. John, the owner, is extremely honest. To the point that we had our Toyota minivan repairs estimated at $1200 for a door repair that is apparently common with the Siennas. Because I had been so happy with the service that my friends and I had received at Select Imports, I took our Sienna there as well.

The cost for the actual repair came to $250! No problems since. Interesting.

These guys are located on South Blvd.

Old 10-25-2010, 09:34 AM

2,948 posts, read 7,019,987 times
Thanks for the recommendations! My Civic is due for a new timing belt in the next few weeks / 2000 miles, so I will definitely give each of these businesses a call for a quote.

Old 10-25-2010, 12:26 PM

689 posts, read 1,657,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prouddaddy View Post
Since we are talking about Honda Repairs, I will have to add one to the list here:

Select Imports (Welcome to Select Import - Independent Honda & Acura Service and Repair Charlotte NC) is also excellent. John, the owner, is extremely honest. To the point that we had our Toyota minivan repairs estimated at $1200 for a door repair that is apparently common with the Siennas. Because I had been so happy with the service that my friends and I had received at Select Imports, I took our Sienna there as well.

The cost for the actual repair came to $250! No problems since. Interesting.

These guys are located on South Blvd.
I have always wondered about them. Thanks for mentioning them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte