U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 02:24 PM

3 posts, read 11,592 times
Default 28269 zip code, Good or Bad Area?

My family and I are relocating to Charlotte in August, and the DH agreed to buy a house his friend owns that I have never seen. I am on the fence as to whether or not to agree to the purchase, and will not even get to see the house until next week. The idea he is trying to sell me on is that we live in the house for 6-12 months and then sell it and buy the house we (which means I) really want. I am not at all familiar with Charlotte and am wondering what kind of area this is and if the market is good. If anyone can offer any feedback about the area it will be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2007, 02:30 PM

3,186 posts, read 5,693,597 times
Can you be more specific, profiling zip codes here in Charlotte does not really work.

Old 07-10-2007, 02:37 PM

3,665 posts, read 6,153,962 times
Try this link for a similar question: Question on zip codes 28269 and 28214 in Charlotte?

And this link for stats: http://www.city-data.com/zips/28269.html

Old 07-10-2007, 02:41 PM

3 posts, read 11,592 times
All I know about the area is that the main road that it is off of is Statesville Rd., and the name of the street the house is on is Black Trail Court.

Old 07-10-2007, 02:50 PM

Um, I wouldn't live here if it were me. Not quite in the best part of town.

Old 07-10-2007, 02:59 PM

4,732 posts, read 12,912,410 times
The area itself is HUGE. My father lives off of Mallard Creek near Highland Creek golf course. 28269 also includes a lot of WT Harris, as it did with the apartments I stayed at years ago near Old Statesville and WT Harris. My dad lives in a very nice neighborhood, however, there has been the usual Charlotte type ctrime near there. Armed robberies of buisnesses and individuals, car break-ins, car thefts. My dad's next door neighbor's house was broken into in broad daylight last year while he was home. They smashed through his glass storm door grabbed whatever they could and quickly left. So, I personally would not live there myself either.

Old 07-10-2007, 03:09 PM

240 posts, read 702,022 times
I agree. It depends where on 28269. I live in Highland Creek and it's great.

Old 07-10-2007, 04:07 PM

If you look at the linked map I posted, the home is between I-85 and Sunset Road just off of Statesville Road. Statesville Road doesn't get nice until Harris Blvd.

Old 07-10-2007, 04:54 PM

43,272 posts, read 51,756,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhsmith View Post
My family and I are relocating to Charlotte in August, and the DH agreed to buy a house his friend owns that I have never seen. I am on the fence as to whether or not to agree to the purchase, and will not even get to see the house until next week. The idea he is trying to sell me on is that we live in the house for 6-12 months and then sell it and buy the house we (which means I) really want. I am not at all familiar with Charlotte and am wondering what kind of area this is and if the market is good. If anyone can offer any feedback about the area it will be appreciated.
Sorry to give you bad news, but I would not buy there. Besides being less desirable, you'd have to keep it a few years before you would make any money on it - appreciation in that area is not great (unless of course the buddy is giving it away at a reduced price). Also, if you have kids the middle and high school for that area are pretty weak - elementary is better however. Best of luck with your decision.

Old 07-10-2007, 10:17 PM

3 posts, read 9,565 times
I live in 28269 just above mallard creek rd. The apartments in the area are worth it but the homes not so much. The neighborhood behind my apartments are decent houses but when i walk past them I just go "ehhh" and being right off so many main roads would personally not be desireable for me living in a home, but in an apt as I am right now its ideal for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte