Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2010, 07:27 PM

1,877 posts, read 4,863,254 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyKid View Post
Panic mode?! lol no Seriously, what would you do anyway? Don't lose sleep over it. The leak would make the RICO charges more interesting if the data they have (supposedly a hard drive from a bank executive) implicates anyone in fraud. It most certainly could send people to jail as RICO is no joke.

Timing is funny as it's one thing to mess with the US government, but mess with a big bank?! Days after he announces his next big leak will be a US bank, he's suddenly wanted for "sex crimes". Supposedly Assange's whereabouts are known in the UK and they're going to grab him on the Interpol warrant. Will he get the megaleak out first, though?
Actually, the sex charges were made months ago, when the very first Afghanistan/Iraq leaks came out. Assange has admitted to having sex with the 2 Swedish women- they claim it was forced, and he claims it was consensual. Is there an outside influence (ie State Dept, CIA, etc)- quite possibly. Thats the thing about screwing with the intel community- you darn sure better have your T's crossed and your I's dotted or they're gonna get ya!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2010, 07:27 PM

2,193 posts, read 5,052,845 times
The founder of Wikileaks has just found a good marketing strategy. And Assange is just trying to sell a book.

Great strategy. Enough to make some money and possibly retire...

Old 12-02-2010, 07:37 PM

19 posts, read 27,676 times
That is just despicable what that guy from wiki-leaks is doing. I hope they shut that site down.

Old 12-02-2010, 08:09 PM

2,213 posts, read 2,841,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by decavalcante View Post
That is just despicable what that guy from wiki-leaks is doing. I hope they shut that site down.
Criminals are despicable. Revealing the criminal actions of criminals is an admirable thing.

Old 12-02-2010, 08:15 PM

8,237 posts, read 13,510,953 times
Who cares! Let them fail, We the People can't afford to foot the bill for them and that is exactly what we are doing. If the people at the top are pond scum then let them go down in flames as well. Good riddance.......that bank is doing nothing but taking advantage of it's customers and not to mention the foreclosure debacle.

Old 12-02-2010, 08:39 PM

128 posts, read 272,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
Assange has said there is a good chance the leaked documents will bring down the bank.
And the Pope is Jewish.

Old 12-02-2010, 09:07 PM

3,115 posts, read 7,131,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbull75 View Post
And the Pope is Jewish.
Spoiler
Well he's certainly not what I would consider a "christian"

Old 12-02-2010, 09:21 PM

41 posts, read 76,488 times
i wish i had money to put or keep in a bank or even to worry about...god bless u are who are worrying about a bank crashing, i'm worrying about how to just stay alive right now

Old 12-03-2010, 01:42 AM

5,150 posts, read 7,759,335 times
I believe the documents allege that the Queen wears funny hats.

Ironically, I think stealing hard drives from banks and releasing commercial trade secrets may be a lot more actionable than "government" docs that he can at least argue are in the public domain because they belong to "the people".

Perhaps he thinks our banks are own by the state.

Old 12-03-2010, 04:04 AM

171 posts, read 317,442 times
Wikileaks hasn't and won't bring down anyone or anything. The people who committed the acts being exposed by this site did this. In the case of the bank, they didn't steal or take the disk if that happened. Someone else did. If the bank has done something where they deserve to be be closed, then so be it. It's the fault of those running it and not an internet web site.

My recommendation, as always, is to bank with a Credit Union. If you can't find one that you are eligible to join, then pick a small regional bank. However anyone living, working, or going to school in Mecklenburg can join the Charlotte Metro Credit Union. They are full service and offer those services with almost no fees.

The ones who are complaining the most about Wikileaks are the same ones who lose the most by being held accountable for their actions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte