Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2010, 05:55 PM

6 posts, read 10,496 times

Advertisements

We're relocating to Concord, NC in January 2011. We've already selected our childrens school in the Cabarrus County school district. I'll be working from home (in the Banking industry) and my husband just started a group home in WI and plans to open one in CLT. Need help finding a home to rent for about a year - been a rough few years and we're finally back on our feet but our credit is damaged. Want to rent for the year to clear up our credit issues. We own our home in WI and haven't rented in over 8 years. We can comfortably afford up to 2k per month - need to be in the area for the kids school. Any ideas how I can rent with my damaged credit? Getting worried for we need to move in Jan 2011. Any info/help you could provide would be appreciated. Thanks, in advance, for reading my post...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2010, 06:25 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,493,145 times
moderator note http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u158/joglynne/Christmas/santa_smiley.gif (broken link)
Thread relocated from the state forum

Old 12-08-2010, 06:28 PM

77 posts, read 149,087 times
Just saying hi and giving an early welcome... I also moved here from WI!

Old 12-08-2010, 06:53 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremiah2911 View Post
We're relocating to Concord, NC in January 2011. We've already selected our childrens school in the Cabarrus County school district. I'll be working from home (in the Banking industry) and my husband just started a group home in WI and plans to open one in CLT. Need help finding a home to rent for about a year - been a rough few years and we're finally back on our feet but our credit is damaged. Want to rent for the year to clear up our credit issues. We own our home in WI and haven't rented in over 8 years. We can comfortably afford up to 2k per month - need to be in the area for the kids school. Any ideas how I can rent with my damaged credit? Getting worried for we need to move in Jan 2011. Any info/help you could provide would be appreciated. Thanks, in advance, for reading my post...
What do you mean you've "selected" your childrens school? Unless you are going to a private school you'll have to live in a neighborhood zoned for the school you want. So we'll have to know which school you want in order to recommend neighborhoods

Old 12-08-2010, 07:08 PM

1 posts, read 3,093 times
jeremiah2911, lovesMountains is correct. If you have already decided what school you want your children to attend in the public school system....that will determine the housing/neighborhoods that you should be looking in. Do you have family here? If you would like help in regards to your house search email me so we can talk about your needs and hopes in more detail. [EMAIL="dizzydrln@gmail.com"]dizzydrln@gmail.com[/EMAIL]

Old 12-09-2010, 09:02 AM

2,948 posts, read 7,017,802 times
Welcome to the area. I'm originally from MI by way of OH.

Old 12-09-2010, 11:19 PM

6 posts, read 10,496 times
Thanks for your replies! The schools are Cox Mill High School and Harris Road Middle School - both in the same school zone.

Old 12-10-2010, 07:47 AM

4,041 posts, read 4,956,338 times
Quote:
Thanks for your replies! The schools are Cox Mill High School and Harris Road Middle School - both in the same school zone.
You would need to live in Moss Creek, Cabarrus Crossing, Skybrook (the cabarrus side), Highland Creek (Cabarrus side) The Farm or Winding Walk to be able to have your children attend these schools. I would start driving around looking for rent signs or you could also for sale signs and they may rent to you.

Good Luck!

Old 12-10-2010, 07:52 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:
One of my favorite neighborhoods assigned to those schools is Cannon Crossing on Poplar Tent Rd. (Not to be confused with Cabarrus Crossing, which I don't like as much).

You should probably contact a real estate firm to help you find rentals in this school assignment area

Old 12-10-2010, 07:58 AM

4,041 posts, read 4,956,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
One of my favorite neighborhoods assigned to those schools is Cannon Crossing on Poplar Tent Rd. (Not to be confused with Cabarrus Crossing, which I don't like as much).

You should probably contact a real estate firm to help you find rentals in this school assignment area

Loves - Is that the one next the Harris Teeter on Poplar Tent? If so that's the one I was talking about. I just called it the wrong thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte