U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2010, 07:23 PM

8,231 posts, read 11,580,563 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bs13690 View Post
Old Stone Steakhouse is outside the range you gave at around 8 miles but is really good.

I can't attest to the quality at the Ranch House but I guess it depends on what type of person your boss is. It doesn't look very nice from the pictures on the site (and from the outside). Steak house, steak, chicken entrees. Charlotte, North Carolina.

Villa Antonio | Italian Restaurant of Charlotte North Carolina on S. Boulevard is good but also about 7 - 8 miles.

If he or she wants something he can't get anywhere else, BBQ King is about 4.2 miles from the airport but it is a drive-in. BarBQ KING

technically the OP gave a 4-5 mile range.......and within that there is nothing but bojangles, wendy's, mcd's and The Ranch House. Old Stone is a great choice also. BBQking has good food but you failed to share that you have to sit in your car to eat and must go armed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2010, 06:37 AM

14,693 posts, read 23,073,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
technically the OP gave a 4-5 mile range.......and within that there is nothing but bojangles, wendy's, mcd's and The Ranch House. Old Stone is a great choice also. BBQking has good food but you failed to share that you have to sit in your car to eat and must go armed.
I did say that it is a drive in but you are correct that I left out you should go strapped.

Old 12-13-2010, 07:21 AM

409 posts, read 988,175 times
If you're looking for a truly "top" restaurant, your best bet would be Villa Antonio or downtown. I've been to Old Stone Steakhouse 3 times, and never been too impressed with it. It's just OK. The Ranch House has better steaks, IMO, but as mentioned earlier, is pretty humble in appearance.

Old 12-13-2010, 08:01 AM

21,869 posts, read 27,133,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comfort Food View Post
If you're looking for a truly "top" restaurant, your best bet would be Villa Antonio or downtown. I've been to Old Stone Steakhouse 3 times, and never been too impressed with it. It's just OK. The Ranch House has better steaks, IMO, but as mentioned earlier, is pretty humble in appearance.
I think that a choice betwee Ranch House & Old Stone would depend on where the boss hails from.

As I said, The Ranch House has the same spartan decor & simple menu that the really good Midwestern steakhouses always had. (Oddly enough, the blue cheese dressing in those places is usually to die for.)

Old Stone, however, has a Mid-Atlantic upscale menu.

Last edited by southbound_295; 12-13-2010 at 08:15 AM..

Old 12-13-2010, 11:20 AM

Old Stone has Cheerwine BBQ Ribs. Delish!

Old 12-13-2010, 11:54 AM

2,147 posts, read 3,659,260 times
I'm going with my wife's pick...Sullivan's..hopefully it will be better than my last trip there..

Old 12-15-2010, 08:06 AM

21,869 posts, read 27,133,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
I went by the Ranch House yesterday. I had never noticed it before, but it looks like a nice place. (The Christmas lights caught my eye)

OK, I'm from Michigan & South Jersey, so glitz & glam is not necessary, to me, for a restaurant to be nice. But for anyone in the future, digging this up from the archives, you can't get closer to the airport, unless they move it across Wilkinson Blvd.

Old 12-15-2010, 12:45 PM

120 posts, read 190,771 times
Definitely Ranch House. Near the airport and their steaks can't be beat.

Old 12-15-2010, 01:54 PM

I went to a steak house near the airport once and the steak was so bad, I told the waiter "This steak still has marks from where the jockey was hitting it."

Old 12-15-2010, 01:59 PM

8,231 posts, read 11,580,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
I went by the Ranch House yesterday. I had never noticed it before, but it looks like a nice place. (The Christmas lights caught my eye)

OK, I'm from Michigan & South Jersey, so glitz & glam is not necessary, to me, for a restaurant to be nice. But for anyone in the future, digging this up from the archives, you can't get closer to the airport, unless they move it across Wilkinson Blvd.

SB,

Like I said before, I haven't been there in a while. But I have always known the Ranch House to have the most beautiful Christmas tree!!! It was big, brought, colorful and sparkly!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or