Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2010, 02:24 PM

1 posts, read 1,652 times

Advertisements

My husband has been offered a job in the Huntersville area and we are heading there at the turn of the year to visit and look around. We have 2 small children (3 & 1) and need to get some good suggestions of great subdivisions to live in there. We are looking in the $210,000-$250,000 range. We would love a neighborhood that has lots of kids and close to schools, etc...

Any suggestions about what all to visit and see while we are there will be very much appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2010, 02:36 PM

1,350 posts, read 3,783,570 times
Wynfield in Huntersville

Old 12-13-2010, 03:03 PM

9 posts, read 11,588 times
I'm considering Huntersville as well. How long would the commute downtown be? I hear it's pretty rough.

Old 12-13-2010, 03:04 PM

415 posts, read 1,150,665 times
Also check out Cedarfield, may have more luck in the price range you mentioned.

Old 12-13-2010, 04:29 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,518,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssd3 View Post
Wynfield in Huntersville
your not going to find a home in the OP price point in this neighborhood Im afraid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comfort Food View Post
Also check out Cedarfield, may have more luck in the price range you mentioned.
This is where I would check as well. Closest in your price point that is closest to Hospital, restaurants.

Others in this area ut closer to Bradley Middle School & Hopewell
Carrington Ridge and Gilead Ridge

Old 12-13-2010, 07:09 PM

1,350 posts, read 3,783,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
your not going to find a home in the OP price point in this neighborhood Im afraid.

This is where I would check as well. Closest in your price point that is closest to Hospital, restaurants.

Others in this area ut closer to Bradley Middle School & Hopewell
Carrington Ridge and Gilead Ridge
Actually Sunny, there are a few houses in the OP price range. I checked before I posted the information.

Old 12-13-2010, 08:57 PM

159 posts, read 393,554 times
You may also want to check out Birkdale Village. And BTW Huntersville is not tough. I've been living in Birkdale for more than 6 months and have never had a problem. People are very friendly and respectful

Old 12-14-2010, 06:19 AM

Regarding the commute to/from uptown Charlotte from H'ville - it can be bad at times, but you'll avoid a lot of problems if you live near exit 23 (Gilead Road). I-77 narrows from 4 lanes to 3 around exit 19, and again from 3 lanes to 2 past exit 23.

I don't commute to uptown, but there are lots of alternative ways to get around in the Huntersville area to avoid the I-77 traffic. I avoid it whenever possible.

Old 12-14-2010, 11:30 AM

9 posts, read 11,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comfort Food View Post
Regarding the commute to/from uptown Charlotte from H'ville - it can be bad at times, but you'll avoid a lot of problems if you live near exit 23 (Gilead Road). I-77 narrows from 4 lanes to 3 around exit 19, and again from 3 lanes to 2 past exit 23.

I don't commute to uptown, but there are lots of alternative ways to get around in the Huntersville area to avoid the I-77 traffic. I avoid it whenever possible.
Thanks for the tip. What if you were commuting to the Northeast side of Charlotte, near Andrew Carnegie Blvd?

Old 12-14-2010, 01:30 PM

Well, once the last leg of I-485 is built, the commute will be a cinch, but that is a few years away.

The distance from Huntersville to that area is not too far, but there is really no great way to get from Huntersville to there. Old Statesville Rd to WT Harris Blvd is the most direct route for me, but WT Harris can have lots of traffic, especially when you get to the area where you'll be working. Depending on where you are in H'Ville, you can take back roads to get there as well. You're probably looking at 20 minutes or so with little traffic, and maybe 35 minutes worst case. (I'm guessing, maybe someone drives that way and can give you better estimates and advice). Be aware that though Huntersville is not that big, three different CMS high schools serve it. Generally Hough High School is considered the best of the 3, so check the boundaries, but also know that CMS changes boundaries often.

Huntersville is great, but you may also consider the Highland Creek neighborhood in Charlotte. Close to a lot of stuff, including a lot closer to your job. Check the schools, though. There is an elementary school right in the neighborhood (I think the developer built it), probably a good school, but right now the area feeds Mallard Creek HS, which is so-so at best.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte