U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-12-2010, 05:22 PM
 
9 posts, read 10,041 times
Reputation: 10

Advertisements

Hello. I am relocating for a new job in Charlotte within the next couple of weeks, in the 28262 zip code. I have never been to Charlotte, but heard good things about SouthPark, Ballantyne, and further up in the Huntersville/Cornelius areas. I am married with a child, and we'd need a nice, safe 3-bedroom apartment. I've seen a few online that seem to fit the bill, but wanted some opinions regarding safety, commute times, etc. Any help would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-12-2010, 05:36 PM
 
314 posts, read 585,077 times
Reputation: 225
I checked out some apartments recently with my sister. I don't know what your price range is but the ones we saw and liked were:
Circle at Concord Mills, Crescent Resources

and

Integra Springs at Kellswater

The first is in the Concord Mills area, exit 49 off of I-85 and the second is in Kannapolis, exit 54 off I-85. Integra springs has plenty of availabilty because its brand new and you'll have no problem getting 3 bedrooms. The amenities there were awesome and the location was great too.

The circle has a really nice layout but when we looked they did not have any 3 bedrooms available.

Good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-12-2010, 06:08 PM
 
9 posts, read 10,041 times
Reputation: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by MA2NC View Post
I checked out some apartments recently with my sister. I don't know what your price range is but the ones we saw and liked were:
Circle at Concord Mills, Crescent Resources

and

Integra Springs at Kellswater

The first is in the Concord Mills area, exit 49 off of I-85 and the second is in Kannapolis, exit 54 off I-85. Integra springs has plenty of availabilty because its brand new and you'll have no problem getting 3 bedrooms. The amenities there were awesome and the location was great too.

The circle has a really nice layout but when we looked they did not have any 3 bedrooms available.

Good luck!
Thanks so much. They both look good. I hadn't considered Kannapolis, it looked so far out, but maybe I'm not looking correctly. The mileage doesn't scare me, I'm just unfamiliar with the traffic patterns in the area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-12-2010, 06:20 PM
 
1,350 posts, read 3,313,538 times
Reputation: 418
Redcliffe at Kenton Place in Huntersville. My friend is the property manager there. It is very safe and family friendly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-12-2010, 06:23 PM
 
9 posts, read 10,041 times
Reputation: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssd3 View Post
Redcliffe at Kenton Place in Huntersville. My friend is the property manager there. It is very safe and family friendly.
Looks great too. If I transferred to an office downtown at some point, what would an "average" commute be? Thanks so much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-12-2010, 06:26 PM
 
Location: Up above the world so high!
45,269 posts, read 88,634,106 times
Reputation: 39870
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue81 View Post
Looks great too. If I transferred to an office downtown at some point, what would an "average" commute be? Thanks so much.
Can you be more specific about where in that zip code your job location is?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-12-2010, 06:30 PM
 
9 posts, read 10,041 times
Reputation: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Can you be more specific about where in that zip code your job location is?
Just off of Andrew Carnegie Blvd.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-12-2010, 08:34 PM
 
Location: Charlotte
512 posts, read 916,094 times
Reputation: 142
Check out Traditions on Mallard Creek- about a mile from Andrew Carnegie. 3 bed room costs less than $1000 bucks but you need to lease for an year. However, its not a gated community. You will find several other Apts on Mallard Creek.
Downtown is about 10 miles from 28262/28269.
Concord Mills (the circle) apartments are good but weekend traffic is a little bit pain.
Safe is a relative term though..I would not go to Kannapolis.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-13-2010, 07:07 AM
 
314 posts, read 585,077 times
Reputation: 225
You mentioned you have a child...how old? If schools are a concern you definitely want to consider Concord/Kannapolis. I think Integra is zoned for Boger Elementary, NW Cabarrus Middle and High.
Circle is probably Cox Mill Elementary, Harris Road Middle, and Cox Mill High.
I'm not sure if the previous poster meant they felt Kannapolis was too far or not safe but honestly I'd choose that location in a heartbeat and think its quite safe, commute is quite doable and there is great shopping(Afton Ridge Shopping Center has Super Target, Best Buy, Wachovia Bank, Gas Station, Pet Smart, Fatz Cafe, Chick Filet, etc). Plus its very close to the interstate. I live close by and feel its safe and a great place for families.

You'll have to visit to really get a feel for the different areas but I know you'll find something that suites you well. You've been given some good recommendations!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-13-2010, 08:41 AM
 
9 posts, read 10,041 times
Reputation: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by MA2NC View Post
You mentioned you have a child...how old? If schools are a concern you definitely want to consider Concord/Kannapolis. I think Integra is zoned for Boger Elementary, NW Cabarrus Middle and High.
Circle is probably Cox Mill Elementary, Harris Road Middle, and Cox Mill High.
I'm not sure if the previous poster meant they felt Kannapolis was too far or not safe but honestly I'd choose that location in a heartbeat and think its quite safe, commute is quite doable and there is great shopping(Afton Ridge Shopping Center has Super Target, Best Buy, Wachovia Bank, Gas Station, Pet Smart, Fatz Cafe, Chick Filet, etc). Plus its very close to the interstate. I live close by and feel its safe and a great place for families.

You'll have to visit to really get a feel for the different areas but I know you'll find something that suites you well. You've been given some good recommendations!
Thank you. Schools are a concern just yet, but I know that's something to think condsider. I am heading there for a couple of days this week to check it out. I'll take a look at a few of these places for sure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:33 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top