Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2007, 02:20 PM

1,898 posts, read 2,261,488 times

Advertisements

That site shows crimes reported in places other than Steele Creek as well. groove1 seems to be president of the Steele Creek defamation league. It's unclear why he feels compelled to bash Steele Creek at every opportunity.

Steele Creek is one of the fastest growing areas of Mecklenburg County, so quite a few people have realized it's a great community. Since I moved there in 1999 I've become involved in numerous organizations and made lots of friends. I'm very happy I moved there and plan to stay until I'm carted off to the old folks home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2007, 02:33 PM

4,729 posts, read 19,421,248 times
I just stated facts. The map on Steele Creek Residents Association shows Sugar Creek at the northern boundary, which is pretty close to Tyvola (includes part of Olde Whitehall). The OP asked about Steele Creek, not the rest of Charlotte. If the crime is not actually in Steele Creek, it would still be too close for my comfort level.

I may not have lived technically in Steele Creek, but as I stated, I lived very close and shopped, dined, etc in Steele Creek (and still do during the day as I work very close to the area). Also, as mentioned, one of my good friends had crime issues which were without question in Steele Creek.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte