U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 03:32 PM

7 posts, read 37,967 times

Advertisements

I am self relocating to the Charlotte area and plan to live in Sun City, Carolina Lakes off 521 in SC. However, need to find work in the area. Does anyone know which temp agencies HSBC, CitiBank, Bank of America and Wachovia use? Can anyone recommend a strategy. Can't seem to get heard through normal channels. Don't have network in Charlotte. I have a strong project management, six sigma, consulting, telecom and call center experience.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2007, 07:45 PM

2,447 posts, read 6,654,320 times
Wachovia has a contract division called FirstPlace.

Old 07-18-2007, 03:41 PM

7 posts, read 37,967 times
Thanks so much!

Old 07-18-2007, 03:46 PM

28 posts, read 116,362 times
My husband works for Bank of America in Greensboro's corporate office. He did not get hired through a temp agency but through Bank of America directly. I believe he went through their website and applied and was called in to interview. Good Luck.

Old 07-19-2007, 07:44 AM

153 posts, read 432,374 times
I was a consultant for a few years down here before going full-time. I used TekSystems, Ajilon, and FirstPlace, but have had pretty regular communication with lots of other consulting firms. The way I got started was by posting my resume on Dice.com, Careerbuilder.com, and Monster.com. I started getting contacted right away. Now there is a site called Linkedin.com that lots of recruiters frequent. Check those out and let me know if you need help getting into BofA. I have access to the internal job listings and am happy to submit you, no problem! That goes for anyone reading this. I am happy to help b/c I know how hard it can be figuring out an in. Just PM or email me.

Old 03-30-2008, 02:58 PM

1 posts, read 8,104 times
Default Thank goodness for you

If the offer is stil good, I would very much like to speak with you regarding my application to Bank of America. I have been in the Charlotte Area for 2 years and applied for B of A for 1.5 years prior to me getting here and STILL have not gotten in! I would love any advice or assistance you could give me on getting through that steel door (LOL).

Thank you for your time.

Old 04-10-2008, 03:01 PM

1 posts, read 8,075 times
Wink Best Bank of America Temp Agency

Try Adecco.com (finance office at 201 College St.) in Charlotte, NC. They boast that Bank of America is their largest client. They have also offered me placement with Liberty Mutual and Wells Fargo. I have found that a LOT of companies hire ONLY through temp agencies. For those with lots of financial experience, I also recommend sherpallc.com, accountemps.com, ajilon.com, randstad.com, and remxfinancial.com. For general placement I recommend corestaff.com and thereservesnetwork.com because they are very professional. Good luck!

Old 04-13-2008, 07:26 AM

157 posts, read 735,863 times
I would try using LinkedIn, doing a quick search and finding Recruiters at these institutions that have a functional focus aligned with what you are doing. Contact them directly and get your credentials in front of them. This will also allow you to start networking with the right people. ONLY apply for roles in which your background is a strong fit for. Don't waste your time and the recruiters time by applying for positions that you would love to do, but have never done before. Focus on your strengths, and your expertise based on prior experiences and exposure. Once you join, you can always look for your dream job 12-18 months later. Particularly since you are relocating here, you really need to focus on your bread and butter. This way you will get noticed.

I recruited for BofA for 2 years, and currently recruit for another Fortune 500 company in Charlotte.

Old 10-29-2008, 08:51 AM

1 posts, read 7,612 times
Hi, CarolinaGirrrrls....

My husband is currently a VP in deler lending at Regions. They have shut down the dealer department effective 12/31/08. He would love to somehow get a contact inside that can route his resume. I saw your post and wondered if you are still willing to help people like us! We would love to relocate from Birmingham to Charlotte. Any direction would be so greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Old 10-29-2008, 09:09 AM

769 posts, read 1,983,806 times
The biggest disadvantage I found when trying to gain employment with BofA is that a lot of hiring managers want previous BofA experience. This is because BofA has developed a lot of their own processes and applications that are not found in other businesses. I took a 6-8 week contract to get that experience and get my foot in the door, but I'd been passed up for several others, even through recruiters, because my previous banking experience wasn't BofA. I had tried through the BofA website several times before that, didn't find out about the BofA experience "requirement" until I started working with recruiters, and then I understood why I hadn't gotten responses from the website applications. While this is probably not always true, it is something to keep in mind when applying to BofA - and not getting a response!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte