U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Unread 07-13-2007, 10:54 AM

19 posts, read 35,398 times
Default Denver NC and West Lake Norman

Can anyone tell me what this area is like? I know they are working on the highway 16 rework...is the commute toward Hickory going to be too crazy? Are there any supermarkets in the near vicinity or is it sort out in the middle of nowhere?
Quick reply to this message

Unread 07-13-2007, 11:19 AM

2,447 posts, read 4,308,895 times
Denver is a nice town that is still relatively rural. There are several grocery stores in the area.

Online guide to Denver, NC

Unread 07-13-2007, 02:41 PM

21,504 posts, read 35,372,912 times
yes it mostly rural but it not far from major shopping areas. It would be a very wise investment area.
Reason I say this is because it on the west side of lake norman and the east side has grown substantially over last 10 years and even though Lincoln county is controlling growth so that it doesnt grow to fast Denver is growing healthy.

For instance Huntersville was a population similar to Denver around 1200 in the late 80's and now it around 45k

There is a new lowes and walmert and several eateries, grocery and drug store already there.

I definite see home values increasing really good in the area once 16 is finish.
It also not to far from Charlotte to enjoy big city amenities

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 07-14-2007 at 08:06 AM..

Unread 07-14-2007, 06:50 AM

1,384 posts
I really like Denver. I am about 8 miles from there now in Huntersville. I am going up to Denver today to get my dog's picture taken at Pet Mania!
There is a nice Harris Teeter, several restaurants and good doctors....as Sunny said, great investment area. Thumbs up!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte