Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2007, 09:56 AM

40 posts, read 94,603 times

Advertisements

Our house is in Bowie MD. We plan on putting it on the market next week. If we have to sell it a little under market we will to try and avoid it sitting for too long.

Congrats and good luck with the move.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2007, 11:27 AM

476 posts, read 1,575,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Friars View Post
Miklaur, we are from RI also and finally sold our house in Exeter in April after having it on the market since 8/1. Good Luck w/it. We just had a baby and are moving to WSalem area by the end of the year. What part of NC are you moving to and where are you in RI?
Congratulation on the new baby and best of luck with your relocation. We are keeping the faith and at this point are more anxious and focused on the house sale. Avg time in RI being about 4 months on the market. We have some good job contacts but they have been honest that things will roll quicker on that end once we are actually living here. Keep us posted on your move.

Old 07-16-2007, 09:04 AM

143 posts, read 577,473 times
We had a nightmare of a time trying to relocated to Charlotte but it finally is happening. My family visited. Charlotte a number of times before falling in love with Union county. We placed contingency contract on house and went back to Maryland to put our house on the market. It took 8 months to sell. We had two contracts fall through at the last minute. We finally sold in late June. While trying to sell in Maryland we lost our originally house in Charlotte as someone came in with out contingency. We had to start the building process all over on new lot.

Well My family is in Charlotte in a rental while our new house is being built should Settle end of month. As for jobs my wife is currently looking and I stayed back with relatives until she finds something or I get lucky. The Job search has been really slow but after the roller coaster ride we have been on we can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Old 07-16-2007, 10:12 AM

56 posts, read 157,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McKenzie74 View Post
Our house is in Bowie MD. We plan on putting it on the market next week. If we have to sell it a little under market we will to try and avoid it sitting for too long.

Congrats and good luck with the move.
I hear you about selling under market value! I think that's why a lot of the homes in our area haven't sold as yet. There's a home around the corner from us that's on the market for 500k--it's no where near by any stretch of the imagination worth that amount. IT's a single family house w/3 small bedrooms. The home looks ok from the outside-the inside is another story. There was so much clutter and junk in that home that you couldn't really see the home (I can't even believe the realtor showed it that condition). We also saw in a New construction for the same price w/ MOLD in the basement!!! 1.Why is there already mold in a new construction, 2. why would a realtor NOT take care of that before an open house?? I don't plan to price mine that high, and it's in much better condition than those (just minor repairs here and there), so hopefully it won't be on the market that long. Thanks for all the responses...feel free to keep them coming!

Old 07-16-2007, 11:29 AM

5 posts, read 20,714 times
I had a similar issue no one would commit to hiring me until I was in the Charlotte area with a home address. Things are also a lot slower here sometimes no news is good news.

Good luck to you finally getting settled here.

Old 07-16-2007, 04:53 PM

268 posts, read 1,108,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foursonsdad View Post
We had a nightmare of a time trying to relocated to Charlotte but it finally is happening. My family visited. Charlotte a number of times before falling in love with Union county. We placed contingency contract on house and went back to Maryland to put our house on the market. It took 8 months to sell. We had two contracts fall through at the last minute. We finally sold in late June. While trying to sell in Maryland we lost our originally house in Charlotte as someone came in with out contingency. We had to start the building process all over on new lot.

Well My family is in Charlotte in a rental while our new house is being built should Settle end of month. As for jobs my wife is currently looking and I stayed back with relatives until she finds something or I get lucky. The Job search has been really slow but after the roller coaster ride we have been on we can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Fours...What part of MD did you move from?
And what do you mean falling through at last minute (at what point of the process?)

Just a little nervous.... a few days till closing on our home...

Old 07-16-2007, 06:20 PM

55 posts, read 159,195 times
I think our experience is upside down. Got the job first, but can't sell the house. And, on top of it, in our region, most homes sell for WELL under 250k, so when I see people post about selling "low" at more than double what we ask for, well, it's hard to relate. We're staring at another 30-year mortgage to make this move, and that's for a no-frills house, too. Not only are we worried about getting down, but watching NC prices rise while we sit and wait.

Still, it helps hearing about others' journey down. It shows "it's not just us" an all. So, thanks to all for sharing.

Like I read somewhere, somewhere between $2 and the asking price is the price someone will pay. Looks like we will be lowering and already low price just to move out and move on with this next phase of life. At least it won't be a short sale. Thank goodness for some good friends and family on the NC end, and for faith, too. Without it, I think we'd sink.

Best wishes.

Old 07-17-2007, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Fours...What part of MD did you move from?
And what do you mean falling through at last minute (at what point of the process?)

Just a little nervous.... a few days till closing on our home...
autimom4ever

We lived in the Columbia area and put our home on the market in Late August 06 we did not get our first contract until February everything was going fine we had the home inspection. termite inspection and appraisal all complete we were taken family pictures out by the SOLD sign in a Friday that Monday we get a call from agent telling us the buyers had issues with the Home owners documents/Rules and regulations. Apparently they wanted to build a large shed in back yard and the HOA had restrictions on size. We tried to reason but they back out of the contract.

The second contract came in early April again we where all complete with all inspections and 7 days from settlement when we again received the call The buyer although approved had received notification of back child support that he says he was unaware of and did not disclose. Needless to say he lost his earnest money deposit.

The Third time was the charm although we were sweeting it until we had the check in had at the settlement table. It was a roller coaster ride but I know my family will be better off in Union County/Charlotte

Good luck to you keep us informed.

Old 07-17-2007, 10:51 AM

268 posts, read 1,108,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foursonsdad View Post
autimom4ever

We lived in the Columbia area and put our home on the market in Late August 06 we did not get our first contract until February everything was going fine we had the home inspection. termite inspection and appraisal all complete we were taken family pictures out by the SOLD sign in a Friday that Monday we get a call from agent telling us the buyers had issues with the Home owners documents/Rules and regulations. Apparently they wanted to build a large shed in back yard and the HOA had restrictions on size. We tried to reason but they back out of the contract.

The second contract came in early April again we where all complete with all inspections and 7 days from settlement when we again received the call The buyer although approved had received notification of back child support that he says he was unaware of and did not disclose. Needless to say he lost his earnest money deposit.

The Third time was the charm although we were sweeting it until we had the check in had at the settlement table. It was a roller coaster ride but I know my family will be better off in Union County/Charlotte

Good luck to you keep us informed.
\

Wow Fours... You went through a lot!!!
Thanks for sharing.

I'm excited yet nervous about the move. I'm glad to get out of this expensive rat race, but nervous about getting used to a new area.

I will just be glad when this whole move thing is over. It has been a hard 6 months. I have actually lost some weight over it all.... (I'm at my teen weight now)

We are now packing, the house is in disarray and at the same time I am still working full time while making all the "turn on dates" and "turn off dates" telephone calls.

I am just hoping my kids will do alright... I can adjust anywhere.

Thanks for all of your support/well wishes...

I will keep you informed.... (close on old in 3 days, new in 9 days)

Old 07-17-2007, 11:10 AM

Quote:
We are now packing, the house is in disarray and at the same time I am still working full time while making all the "turn on dates" and "turn off dates" telephone calls.

autimom4ever

packing was such fun. we tried to be organized packing like things and labeling what was in box and what room it was suppose to go in. But toward the end it was just put in a box and lets go. The even harder part is our new house is not yet done so we moved into a rental and have everything in the garage of scattered through out. Looked for the kitchen box to get the pots and pans to cook up some dinner that first night. But It took us a couple hours.

And yes it is so much fun learning a new area meeting new friends etc.

have fun and don't stress
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte