Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2010, 07:52 PM

171 posts, read 317,523 times

Advertisements

I-77 from Exit 18 to I-85 to the airport is absolutely not a traffic problem. This is probably one of the easier drives during rush hour. I-77 is only rough once one gets north of I-485 where the lanes start to disappear. This shouldn't be an issue at all from there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2010, 07:59 PM

1,039 posts, read 3,004,438 times
Ok gonna chime in with this one piece of info... The crowd you are looking to hang with ALL go Uptown to hang. There isn't really a social scene in the UNCC area. So you will probably want to get as close to Uptown/Dilworth as you can afford. Now if you are willing to throw any concerns about commute times out the window head to Huntersville, find an apartment close to the lake and you will have your pick of people (girls) to "get to know".

Old 12-20-2010, 08:18 PM

20 posts, read 32,573 times
Southbound_295:That's such a specific suggestion, I think I will definitely have to check it out!

The Native 1: Yeah, that's pretty cheap alright. I'll call them tomorrow.*

Charlotteborn: I really liked Southpark. It seems like a great place to raise a family. I understand the traffic concern...

Feng21: Sorry to hear about THAT! That's no good at all.

GirlTravels: That's pushing it... Haha. No roomates for me.*

Dakota4791: Yeah, it seems pretty awesome to me!

Baybrook: Like...? Lol.*

LovesMountains: All good points. I'd go crazy without being mobile. I did live in the heart of ATL for two years, but I'd have lost it without a vehicle. As far as the traffic goes... I have a plan.*

GCharlotte: What...? *And yes I'm gonna try the traffic.*

CherryTwist: I get that feeling too about the people around there. *And yeah, I've got my eye on apartments in the Mall area. Seems to be an awesome location.

Old 12-20-2010, 08:24 PM

20 posts, read 32,573 times
Okay, so here's the plan:

Tomorrow morning I'm going to get up to Northlake Mall at 6:50AM, and I'm gonna drive down to work and see what I think. One thing worth mentioning... I have a motorcycle that I ride when it's not butt-numbingly cold. I imagine the bike+HOV lane might be a nifty solution to whatever traffic I end up facing. At least during the summer. Eh? You guys are still supposed to be talkin' me into living someplace closer to the south side of the airport you know!

Old 12-20-2010, 08:33 PM

23,814 posts, read 34,666,340 times
I found this after my last post. I think it will interest you. JAX Backstreet Tavern » Daily Specials

Old 12-20-2010, 08:42 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,700,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K'ale View Post
Okay, so here's the plan:

Tomorrow morning I'm going to get up to Northlake Mall at 6:50AM, and I'm gonna drive down to work and see what I think. One thing worth mentioning... I have a motorcycle that I ride when it's not butt-numbingly cold. I imagine the bike+HOV lane might be a nifty solution to whatever traffic I end up facing. At least during the summer. Eh? You guys are still supposed to be talkin' me into living someplace closer to the south side of the airport you know!

Uh, you can't use the HOV lane - that's for vehicles with at least two passengers!

Old 12-20-2010, 08:58 PM

445 posts, read 1,166,380 times
I don't think Belmont is a happening place for a 23 year old??

Old 12-20-2010, 09:03 PM

8,877 posts, read 13,909,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Uh, you can't use the HOV lane - that's for vehicles with at least two passengers!
Hi Loves... Need to correct you. Motorcycles are good on HOV in NC.

http://www.ncdot.org/projects/hov/do...ligibility.pdf

Old 12-20-2010, 09:04 PM

23,814 posts, read 34,666,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolinajean View Post
I don't think Belmont is a happening place for a 23 year old??
It's safe. It's close to the airport, without being ghetto fabulous. He can get to Uptown in minutes. I gave him a post just now for Jax, which shows a college night. There's a college in town.

What more could he want?

Old 12-20-2010, 09:07 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,700,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripes17 View Post
Hi Loves... Need to correct you. Motorcycles are good on HOV in NC.

http://www.ncdot.org/projects/hov/do...ligibility.pdf

WOW, you learn something new everyday, thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte