U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2007, 01:48 PM

17 posts, read 53,356 times

Advertisements

Hello, I was looking into this community named StoneBridge, which is a golf course community located in Union County. It is one of the few developments who still have sewer permits. On builder that I have spoken with, Carolina Distinctive Homes is building a nice looking house which is 699k seems to have a lot of nice features and great view. There are a number of homebuilders building in the community, but there is not much more in the way of things being built in the area. Does anyone know when anything else is going to be built in the area? When they first started to build out towards Waxhaw there was not much out there, but ended up being a good investment wondering if the same will be true with this community?

Thanks,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2007, 01:07 PM

Hello, this is not a good sign - no one seems to know anything.... I did call Carolina Distinctive Homes (they may have some stuff on their website) and they are aware of some plans to build a new school, Harris Teeter - but a lot seems to be on hold due to sewer issues. If anyone else knows anything; please respond. Thanks

Old 07-18-2007, 03:20 PM

295 posts, read 972,998 times
I know that the golf course floods very easy, but the reason your not getting many responses is because of the rural location.

Old 07-18-2007, 06:47 PM

197 posts, read 668,285 times
I have been to this community and it looks nice and the golf course is pretty. I think it is hard to say as far as what the future will hold though for that area surrounding it. I can't tell and the houses are expensive, imo. I am told that there will be another golf course community soon at 75/521 and that one will have much better access to charlotte b/c of 521 so I can't tell if the Stonebridge one is a good investment. It is pretty though.

Old 07-18-2007, 07:07 PM

462 posts, read 1,686,632 times
I believe there is a shopping center being built around the 84/N. Rocky River intersection. They are also putting up a new school about a 1/2 mile from that same intersection too. This area does seem to be getting built up a bit more and more, especially since we first starting building our home back in October. When we started our building process the area where the school is being built was just a cleared piece of property and there was no advertisement for the new shopping center. So I am sure it is only a matter of time before more things start to pop up. Also keep in mind that 74 is about an 8 minute ride from Stone Bridge which in that particular stretch you have Sears, Walmart, Lowes, and a ton of dining. Go down 74 a bit more and you have a newer Walmart which my wife prefers to go to, Harris Teeter and a bunch more shopping and food.
What I particularly like about this area is the fact that it is still very rural but shopping and dining is no more than 8-10 minutes away depending on where you need to go. I personally hope that they do not over develop this area. The ruralness is what sold the area to my wife and I. She is pretty excited for that new shopping center on 84 but at the same time we hope nothing major gets developed to much closer. That's about the perfect distance for us. You would think coming from Long Island and having pretty much everything within 5 minutes we would look for the opposite but it's actually that commercial crowded look that we are looking to get away from. Good luck with your home search!

Old 07-18-2007, 10:32 PM

549 posts, read 2,189,748 times
Hi Homes23
The house your looking at is a costum home. I agree the community is pretty and it is great Beckwith Homes, Mercedes Home, and Saussy Burbank are the production builders in the community with entry price points. So the community will be a nice mix. The developers are offering homebuyers more to styles to choose from in the costum home section, since they are working with a large list of them.

Arcadia Homes
Arner Homes
Ballard Homes
Carolina Builders
Carolina Construction
Carolina Distinctive Builders
Designer Construction
Drakestone Construction
J.R. Garner Homes
John Norman Homes
Stewart C. Gillard Custom Homes

Also the historic downtown Monroe, is about 4 miles from the community. It is quaint and has so much charm.

Old 07-18-2007, 11:39 PM
NCN

21,135 posts, read 21,878,713 times
Have you already moved or are you still interested in this area. I live about one mile from Stonebridge and inside the city limits of Mineral Springs. Mineral Springs has a different attitude from most of Union County. We want as little growth as possible. Our town was formed so we would have control over our zoning. There is a website for Mineral Springs that has lots of information. My prediction is that Mineral Springs will some day be the place everyone wants to be, but can't get there. We moved here more than 30 years ago and it was one of the best decisions we have ever made. We've raised two children who went to Western Union, Parkwood Middle and Parkwood High. Our only bad experience is that Parkwood Middle does not like newcomers, even N. C. Natives. They prefer that your great grandparents lived here. Parkwood High was not that way. One child did all right with this. I took the other child out of Parkwood Middle and sent it to a private school for two years. It was cheaper than moving. The place you are asking about is outside the city limits of Mineral Springs. I have no idea where the children from that area will go to school, but this area is a good place to be. I am sure the school information is probably on the Union County website.

Old 07-19-2007, 07:35 AM

143 posts, read 539,060 times
Quote:
Hello, I was looking into this community named StoneBridge
homes 23

My family and I fell in love with the Union County area and are about to settle on a home in StongBridge. We feel that it will be a good investment over time. But we brought there because of what other posters have said. Its rural yet close to shopping and although Monroe gets pounded some on these threads I absolutely love the area for what it is. I agree with neoflex who posted earlier about hoping they don't over develop. I wish over time Mineral Springs can keep that rural charm we fell in love with and brought us to the Carolinas

Good luck in your search

Old 07-27-2007, 08:11 AM

Default Foursondad - what builder did you go with?

Hello,

Fourson, what builder to you go with? Congridulations on your move!

Old 07-27-2007, 01:49 PM

1,304 posts, read 3,872,652 times
Default Mineral Springs, NC - website

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Carolina Native View Post
Have you already moved or are you still interested in this area. I live about one mile from Stonebridge and inside the city limits of Mineral Springs. Mineral Springs has a different attitude from most of Union County. We want as little growth as possible. Our town was formed so we would have control over our zoning. There is a website for Mineral Springs that has lots of information. My prediction is that Mineral Springs will some day be the place everyone wants to be, but can't get there. We moved here more than 30 years ago and it was one of the best decisions we have ever made. We've raised two children who went to Western Union, Parkwood Middle and Parkwood High. Our only bad experience is that Parkwood Middle does not like newcomers, even N. C. Natives. They prefer that your great grandparents lived here. Parkwood High was not that way. One child did all right with this. I took the other child out of Parkwood Middle and sent it to a private school for two years. It was cheaper than moving. The place you are asking about is outside the city limits of Mineral Springs. I have no idea where the children from that area will go to school, but this area is a good place to be. I am sure the school information is probably on the Union County website.
Here's the link to Mineral Springs' website:
Elected Officials
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or