U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2007, 06:47 PM

4 posts, read 5,277 times

Advertisements

We are thinking about moving to Huntersville from Delaware. I have one question. Is Huntersville more like Middletown, Newark, Bear, Pike Creek or North Wilmington?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2007, 08:16 AM

287 posts, read 670,576 times
Smile I used to live in Newark, Delaware

[quote=2303de;1064392]We are thinking about moving to Huntersville from Delaware. I have one question. Is Huntersville more like Middletown, Newark, Bear, Pike Creek or North Wilmington?

Thanks!

I use to live in Newark, not by the university but down the down the street from the Christiana hospital off route 4 off 273 near use to be near MBNA campus.

We live in Huntersville now, been here for about 6 months use to live in Delaware about 5 years ago.

Well anyway, Huntersville in not like any places you listed above. I have not been to Middletown so I can't compare that city. Huntersville its nice you feel like your in the small town lots of traffic here with only 2 lines road. Hardly any street lights But in Huntersville you live near Lake Norman which is very popular with boater. Some parts of Huntersville remind of Delaware such things as the roads you drive sometime to get to places there. Lots of country settings here in Huntersville. but yet your still close to city of Charlotte about half hour away.

Your going have to take a road trip down here to check it out. We made several trips here before decided to relocate here to Huntersville.

Good Luck

Old 07-14-2007, 09:42 PM

Dennis,

Thank you for the valuable info. My DW and I will have to take a road trip soon.

Also, can anyone tell me the average commute time from Huntersville to Center City Charlotte. My wife would be working in CC.

Thanks again!

Old 07-14-2007, 10:02 PM

22,974 posts, read 58,642,963 times
Hi Wlecome to possible Huntersville!!

The commute time averages 25 minutes during non commute hours to uptown and can range up to 45 minutes during peak . There is a HOV lane.
There is also express bus service of all the cities I have visited I would say charlotte has the cleanest buses I have been on and most of people using the express bus are white collar workers . They have cushioned tall seats that recline and have foot rests. A great way to by pass the traffic that isnt in the hov lane, save on parking and gas. Just dont get to comfortable I fell asleep one time and ended up at the garage LOL.

Huntersville great little city the reason I choose this location was due to it a progressive city that is growing. I dont consider it touristy but more of a bedroom community. Except for birkdale shopping area on weekends. A good time to go there is during the week alot less traffic and more peaceful.

I cannot help on boat storage but there is quite a few in the area maybe someone one will mention a good one to use.

What I like living close to the lake is I can access any time I got the urge for some fun in the sun. You are also very close to Mountain Island lake and that another lake very fun to hang out at.

There is an Aquatic Center and a little while back they had olympic diving tryouts held there.

Latta Plantation is really cool park also has the Carolina Raptor Center, horseback riding and they do special events through out the year.

I group up alot of threads relating to the area if you want to know more feel free to look at any of these threads posted below.

Newcomer Photo Guide to Lake Norman and surrounding area Im going to add on to this soon just been kind of busy.

Huntersville New Construction

Update on Light Rail in Charlotte

this thread is about huntersville apartments Huntersville

Huntersville - Gilead Village/Ridge

Mooresville or Huntersville?

Huntersville Farmers Market

Harvest Pointe in Huntersville

Lake Norman?

Hunterville vs. Concord

Huntersville Relocater?

Do you like Lake Norman?

relocating to the Lake Norman area

Looking at Huntersville

Monteith Park Here We Come

Once and for all, Huntersville to Charlotte

Beatties Ford area

What is new at exit 23 in Huntersville

Commute Between Huntersville and Charlotte

Is Lake Norman area rolling hills?

Huntersville?

Details on Birkdale Area?

Old 07-15-2007, 09:48 PM

316 posts, read 290,231 times
Look at Macaulay - awesome neighborhood

Old 07-16-2007, 11:44 AM

Thank you for the suggestion, it looks very very nice

We are in the early process of looking at neighborhoods, and any suggestions for nice family friendly neighborhoods in Huntersville would be greatly appreciated. (we have a 4 year old daughter)

Thanks!

Old 07-16-2007, 11:48 AM

22,974 posts, read 58,642,963 times
Do you have a price bracket for home you are looking for?

Old 07-16-2007, 12:07 PM

4,299 posts, read 13,650,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2303de View Post
Thank you for the suggestion, it looks very very nice

We are in the early process of looking at neighborhoods, and any suggestions for nice family friendly neighborhoods in Huntersville would be greatly appreciated. (we have a 4 year old daughter)

Thanks!

Wynfield Forest looks nice too as well as Macauley.

Old 07-16-2007, 01:19 PM

287 posts, read 670,576 times
Default Wynfield Forest

Wynfield Forest looks nice too as well as Macauley.[/quote]

We ended buying in the Wynfield Forest in Huntersville. we have been here for about 2 months. Loved the area. Lots of kids here. Has a community pool.

Your family will like it very much. Check it out when you come down to visit.

Dennise

Old 07-16-2007, 01:28 PM

1 posts, read 1,480 times
I am originally from Connecticut, where the housing and real estate prices, and taxes sky rocketed. My husband and I relocated to Rutherford County, NC which is in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains in 2001. It was the best decision we ever made, the country atmosphere and room to breath is fantastic. In CT. we would have more than likely lost our home to foreclosure due to the taxes skyrocketing. Here our taxes on a 2200 Sq. Ft. home on two acres of land are not even 1000 a year. The weather is fantastic and even when we occasionally get snow it melts fast. You will have longer springs, summer and fall like weather, but a lot shorter winters. Hope this helps. Jenny
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or