U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2010, 09:27 AM

8,219 posts, read 11,257,265 times

Advertisements

anyone use Truliant???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2010, 10:43 AM

335 posts, read 571,054 times
I have 4 checking accounts w/ BB&T. No fees, no minimum balances.

Old 12-22-2010, 06:30 PM

7,041 posts, read 12,819,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
anyone use Truliant???
I have and I was SO annoyed with them. Not customer-service friendly at all, the branch near to my house was filled with the most clueless minimum-wage sort of people and they were far less than accommodating. Would definitely NOT recommend them.

Old 12-22-2010, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K'ale View Post
I have free credit, checking, and savings accounts with Wachovia/Wells Fargo. I got it when I was a student. I'm not sure if it will still all be free if they ever find out I've graduated, so I try to keep a low profile while I'm in there, haha!

The plus side to Wells Fargo is their free iPhone app. I can view all account balances/transactions and makes transfers between any of my accounts with incredible ease. It's pretty freaking awesome.
Look for that to change probably first or second quarter 2011.

Old 12-22-2010, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagocubs View Post
I have and I was SO annoyed with them. Not customer-service friendly at all, the branch near to my house was filled with the most clueless minimum-wage sort of people and they were far less than accommodating. Would definitely NOT recommend them.
Thanks for the input.....they are the closest CU to us......I am just not happy with big banks, I will look at all the alternatives.

Old 12-22-2010, 08:23 PM

20 posts, read 28,045 times
Quote:
Look for that to change probably first or second quarter 2011.
Hey, you better not have told on me!!

I graduated in '09, what makes you think they'll be wise to my game by mid next year?

Old 12-23-2010, 03:16 AM

89 posts, read 119,808 times
Here is a site that lists many Credit Unions. So go find one you can join and move your money over there. One tip. If you bank with a TBTF (too big to fail) bank, and you withdraw your funds, make sure they give you a check that can be reconciled at another bank immediately. Otherwise they will draw the check on an out of state branch, and this means another financial institution will put a hold on the money. True and shameful.

In any case, here is the list. Don't put it off. Do it today.

Credit Unions Online - Find Credit Unions by City and State, News and Money Tips, Financial Calculators, and Jobs at Credit Unions.

Old 12-23-2010, 04:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K'ale View Post
Hey, you better not have told on me!!

I graduated in '09, what makes you think they'll be wise to my game by mid next year?
It won't be just you. I am speculating that ALL checking accts will have fees by then.....just an educated guess.

Old 12-23-2010, 06:32 AM

20 posts, read 28,045 times
Quote:
It won't be just you. I am speculating that ALL checking accts will have fees by then.....just an educated guess.
That's interesting... Where did you hear about that. I guess it makes sense. What's the smart decision to make at this point?

Old 12-23-2010, 06:54 AM

A couple of weeks ago I went into wachovia and the teller said to me......"would you be interested in setting up an account that will hold a small amount of money, just in case you were to get locked out of your other accounts?"

I did NOT like that at all !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or