U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2010, 06:57 AM

20 posts, read 27,818 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
A couple of weeks ago I went into wachovia and the teller said to me......"would you be interested in setting up an account that will hold a small amount of money, just in case you were to get locked out of your other accounts?"

I did NOT like that at all !
...Ok.

That's scary. I can just imagine them telling me that I can't withdraw my money until I pay the backfees from graduation to now. So what are you doing? Switching to a credit union? I don't know anything about them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2010, 07:06 AM

551 posts, read 1,148,398 times
After next year when Wells Fargo completely transfer over to NC, there will not be any free checking accounts unless you are a student, have direct deposit setup, or have a minimum balance of $1500!

If I were to setup direct deposit, it would not be with them. Screw them!

Old 12-23-2010, 07:17 AM

8,219 posts, read 11,121,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K'ale View Post
...Ok.

That's scary. I can just imagine them telling me that I can't withdraw my money until I pay the backfees from graduation to now. So what are you doing? Switching to a credit union? I don't know anything about them.
I really want to switch to a CU but the closest one to us is Truliant.....
I have heard good things about Citizens South bank as well, so I am going to do some research on them.

Old 12-23-2010, 09:03 AM

89 posts, read 118,425 times
There are Charlotte Metro Credit Union branches all over the city and county. Their service is excellent and their membership is open to anyone who lives, works, is a student, or worships in Mecklenburg county. They are full service (internet banking, phone banking, atms, etc) and even offer up such freebies as free coin counting in their branches.

http://www.cmcu.org

Old 12-23-2010, 09:16 AM

8,219 posts, read 11,121,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazarusLong View Post
There are Charlotte Metro Credit Union branches all over the city and county. Their service is excellent and their membership is open to anyone who lives, works, is a student, or worships in Mecklenburg county. They are full service (internet banking, phone banking, atms, etc) and even offer up such freebies as free coin counting in their branches.

http://www.cmcu.org

I don't do any of those in Mecklenburg County..... LOL !
Thanks for the info though......

Old 12-23-2010, 09:38 AM

20 posts, read 27,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tban View Post
After next year when Wells Fargo completely transfer over to NC, there will not be any free checking accounts unless you are a student, have direct deposit setup, or have a minimum balance of $1500!

If I were to setup direct deposit, it would not be with them. Screw them!
Why not? If you have direct deposit, you can still bank for free? What's so bad about that? Seems reasonable.

Old 04-10-2011, 07:33 PM

28,175 posts, read 15,657,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K'ale View Post
Why not? If you have direct deposit, you can still bank for free? What's so bad about that? Seems reasonable.
But if you ever lose your job that has direct deposit available and then have to start paying a monthly fee, that sucks. I'd much rather be a credit union member, where most still offer truly free checking accounts without any strings attached. Which would you rather have?

Old 11-15-2012, 12:44 PM

1 posts, read 758 times
Red face First Citizens Offers Free Checking

Quote:
Originally Posted by XNYgirl View Post
Does anyone know of any banks that offer checking accounts and offer the accounts without a monthly service fee for that account. I'm looking to switch due to the huge amounts of fees that my bank charges.

If anyone out there is a sales person send me a PM and will contact you if you can help me.
I researched this issue because my bank 53.com is going to start charging for basic checking. First Citizens is the only one in the Charlotte Area that offers free checking.

Old 11-15-2012, 01:05 PM

635 posts, read 940,236 times
Does anyone have any opinions on Sharonview CU? https://www.sharonview.org/ All you have to do to join is to join the Charlotte Aviation Museum.

I am currently with Wells Fargo and am not very happy with them. I object to the way they seem to think that they are doing me a favor whilst keeping my money.

I am looking to change.

Old 11-15-2012, 01:10 PM

8,402 posts, read 19,235,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libby Lucas View Post
I researched this issue because my bank 53.com is going to start charging for basic checking. First Citizens is the only one in the Charlotte Area that offers free checking.
I pay no fees at B of A for my checking account. The stipulation is that I only use electronic services, which is fine for my main account.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or