Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2010, 11:45 AM

2,948 posts, read 7,000,350 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemaew View Post
Mecklenburg County Animal Care and Control also has a free spay/neuter clinic, and the Humane Society has a low cost clinic. But the wait for the county clinic is 7-8 months, and I believe it's more than 4 months for the Humane Society clinic. That's encouraging from the standpoint that people are using the services, but discouraging from the standpoint that even with those kinds of wait times, it's only taking care of a fraction of the population that needs the service.
This is incorrect information for the Humane Society clinic at this time. I faxed an application for a dog spay on 12/17 and her surgery was 12/23! They were great to work with, and the price was very affordable!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2010, 11:48 AM

47 posts, read 60,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chance2jump View Post
This is incorrect information for the Humane Society clinic at this time. I faxed an application for a dog spay on 12/17 and her surgery was 12/23! They were great to work with, and the price was very affordable!
Good to know and thanks for getting your animal fixed

Old 12-28-2010, 11:50 AM

[quote=topchief1;17163107]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemaew View Post

Sadly, Bob Barker has retired, and all hope vanished with him.

I don't really buy the whole animals are defenseless creatures thing, because they are not. All creatures, including human, puppies and kittens, have defense mechanisms, because we are all part of the food chain.

You appear to be sincerely interested in a good deed, but I think that for some people, the line between doing good deeds, and acting self rightous can blur sometimes, which is why people get a little testy. I wish you luck in your move and your job.
This will just kill me if I don't ask.... Just curious how you think that babies/children and animals are supposed to provide for themselves if they don't have a human adult doing that job? I don't really think my children or animals would be able to take of themselves if I stopped caring for them.

Old 12-28-2010, 11:56 AM

769 posts, read 2,211,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chance2jump View Post
I'm glad that it's cleared up a bit - when we were originally looking at them it was over 5 months.

Old 12-28-2010, 12:00 PM

8,237 posts, read 13,464,619 times
animals have taken care of themselves in the wild for a very, very long time......
and in fact still do. To compare babies with animals is taking it a little far.

Old 12-28-2010, 12:13 PM

1,969 posts, read 3,581,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
animals have taken care of themselves in the wild for a very, very long time......
And hence, the line continues to blur

Old 12-29-2010, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
Um yes animals in the wild can take care of themselves but we as humans have chosen to domesticate dogs and cats. Therefore if we have chosen to domesticate we also need to take care of them.

Old 12-29-2010, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by topchief1 View Post
And hence, the line continues to blur
Not sure if you actually read my original post but it was about trying to find people that live the Charlotte are that are animal people. As far as I knew this forum was about networking, finding out info, etc. Seeing as you are clearly not a person interested in animals why do you keep commenting on the thread? Are you just trying to stir up trouble and be irritating? I'm quite sure you do some other great service for your community to help others but if you don't have any interest in what I posted please stop commenting.

Old 12-29-2010, 01:04 PM

1,969 posts, read 3,581,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lacy_amy View Post
Not sure if you actually read my original post but it was about trying to find people that live the Charlotte are that are animal people. As far as I knew this forum was about networking, finding out info, etc. Seeing as you are clearly not a person interested in animals why do you keep commenting on the thread? Are you just trying to stir up trouble and be irritating? I'm quite sure you do some other great service for your community to help others but if you don't have any interest in what I posted please stop commenting.
You mean, if I don't agree with you, please stop commenting?

Old 12-29-2010, 01:07 PM

3,115 posts, read 7,105,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by topchief1 View Post
You mean, if I don't agree with you, please stop commenting?
YES. It's off topic. She asked for information from Charlotte area pet lovers. If you're going to come on here and start idiotic arguments about babies vs. animals then you are adding no value to this conversation. Start a new thread if you want to debate the value of human over animal life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: