U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 11:36 AM

199 posts, read 598,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oyabun View Post
Yesterday a 9 yr old girl was killed by a stray bullet while using the computer in her apartment at 11am. Shot in the head.
My Lord! It's just too much. A friend of mine from law school, a fulton county prosecutor at that, was killed in Atlanta. I have another friend who lives there and likes it but she is always with family.

Yes, I am in the Detroit area, grew up in Flint though so we are the Flintstones. I am trying not to take on the depressive attitude that many others here have. But my husband is from SC, and I think it's time we headed that way. Michigan was never really his home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2007, 12:35 PM

9,055 posts, read 18,145,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banker0679 View Post
Charlotte is one of the best cities to start a business.
I dont recall viewing Raleigh on that list.
Good Luck
Here is a list you may want to look at:

blackenterprise.com

Raleigh was Ranked #3 and Charlotte Ranked #7 on a list of Top 10 cities for African Americans to work.

The Raleigh / Durham Area is pretty diverse. I think either place (Raleigh or Charlotte) would be a great choice.

Old 07-26-2007, 08:16 PM

245 posts, read 605,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oyabun View Post
Sounds like you have it covered. Yeah, Atlanta looks nice but the schools are horrible, crime is out of control in the city, serious drought and others things make it not so nice on the inside. If you think that Buckhead baby formula thing was bad, there is a gang of robbers that look for women with nice wedding rings and children and rob them in grocery store parking lots. That's not happening in the bad parts of town either.

Yesterday a 9 yr old girl was killed by a stray bullet while using the computer in her apartment at 11am. Shot in the head.

If youre in Detroit, the Carolinas are calling for you. Michigan seems to be hurting pretty bad. I wish you well in your search.

my husband and I are moving from MI too (I am a lady - screen name is hooey)

I totally agree...we are looking to move for financial reasons...we have a PR firm that we haven't been actively working with because of poor business opps in Detroit
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte