U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Unread 12-29-2010, 08:36 AM

2 posts, read 1,924 times
Default Mailboxes etc. (or similar) in south Charlotte?

Hi -

After fighting with UPS and Fedex recently to have some packages held for pick-up, I started looking around for a Mailboxes etc. type of place in south Charlotte (Ballantyne area) recently, but didn't come up with anything. I'm usually not home during the day to receive packages, and I don't want them to just be dropped at the front door, for security reasons.

A few Google searches show that there might have been a Mailboxes etc. in the area at some time, but plugging in 28277 and nearby zip codes on their site come up with no results.

Question to the forum - does anyone know of a carrier neutral place in the south Charlotte/Ballantyne area where I can have parcels sent, that has extended hours (7AM-9PM or similar) of operation?

Thanks!

- Mark
Quick reply to this message

Unread 12-29-2010, 08:38 AM

3,117 posts, read 3,283,695 times
Mailboxes, Etc has been the UPS Store for quite some time. There is one in the shopping plaza with the Trader Joe's on Rea Rd. I am not sure of their hours, though. Can you have your packages delivered to your office instead of your home?

Unread 12-29-2010, 10:23 AM

624 posts, read 693,276 times
There is a place in the shopping center near Bally's on 51. It has a post office in there and mails things from other places. I don't think they have extended hours past 6:00, but I went there a few days before the holidays and there were no lines. There was no mark up for the PO stuff I purchased.

I think it might be called Pkgs???

Unread 12-29-2010, 10:57 AM

2 posts, read 1,924 times
Thanks for the suggestions - I'll give both a try!

I've had stuff delivered to work in the past, but sometimes computer-related equipment ends up getting asset tagged, which results in a little bit of a mess since I work in an IT department that orders similar things...

- Mark

Unread 12-29-2010, 11:37 AM

2,086 posts, read 3,812,162 times
By the Lowes Foods on 521 is a POSTNET or something which would be perfect for your needs

16041 Johnston Rd., Suite G
(704) 541-0490

Print, Copy, Pack and Ship at PostNet Printing and Shipping Centers

Unread 12-29-2010, 04:06 PM

5,150 posts, read 2,479,457 times
I used UPS Store on Pineville-Matthews RD for years before giving up on the drive after I moved. Should be close enough for you. The UPS Store - CHARLOTTE, NC - Home - pretty easy to get in and out of.

Forget about neutral for shipping though. They will RECEIVE FedEx and everyone else, but won't SEND FedEx if they are a UPS Store and won't send UPS if they are a FedEx Office store.

Don't know about PostNet. they appear to be neutral for sending. The UPS Store goes till 7pm for picking up (5 on Saturday). They have a feature that will e-mail you when a package arrives at least the one I use on the other side of town. The PostNet listed above is open till 6 during the week, 2 on Saturday.

My guess is unless you need to pickup a lot, you're not going to like the prices of I'm guessing at least $15 per month.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte