Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2011, 09:40 PM

4,139 posts, read 11,487,862 times

Advertisements

I like Value Village as well.

I also like Matthews Help Center in Matthews.

Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by tathems View Post
I kind of like the Value Village on South Blvd. It is a big store with a warehouse-y feel in a not-so great area. I know I make it sound wonderful, and I'll admit that I was very turned off when I first went in, but a friend had raved about the good deals on clothes for her family, so I took a closer look. There are some *really* good deal to be found there!

My daughter is in high school and likes to wear trendy, expensive clothes like Aeropostale, Abercrombie and American Eagle. I have found shirts, sweaters and jeans in those brands there every time I go, and the prices range from $1.95 to about $5. I have gotten nice clothes for the rest of the family too. All our ski jackets and pants come from there. The clothes are clearly freshly washed and are in excellent shape. There are even half-price Wednesdays occasionally for the truly thrifty!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2011, 08:34 PM

873 posts, read 1,803,647 times
Not trying to go "off topic", but be very careful when you bring things home from these places. There is a big risk of bringing in Bed Bugs or cockroaches.

Old 02-04-2011, 09:07 PM

1,218 posts, read 2,989,228 times
We went to Sweet Repeats in Charlotte today. Got a nice skirt for $9 that retailed for probably $60. A lot of there "dress" items are a bit pricey but a lot of good finds.

We were suggested to go to this new place in the "Dilworth" section, that was called "Monarch". Small but cute place in a old house. Didnt buy anything but talked to the owner a great deal. She will be bringing in new items next week and plans to rotate inventory every 60 days.

Still looking for other places that sell vintage clothing that havent been suggested here!

Old 02-06-2011, 04:17 PM

1,218 posts, read 2,989,228 times
Checked out Consignments on South, thats attached to Sleepy Poet Antique Mall. PLENTY of good mens and womens clothes in all sizes at great prices!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte