U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2006, 08:02 AM

10 posts, read 32,726 times

Advertisements

Hello --

We are considering a relocation to Charlotte. Which are the gate communities and how to they compare to other neighborhoods?

I have also posted a message re: private school recommendations.....anyone? anyone?

Our biggest concern is the schools, followed by commute time to S College St.

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2006, 01:23 PM

25 posts, read 73,814 times
I hope you have a car ! the bus system sucks ! esp since they have changed it. It use to be more convenient.
I too would like to know which are the gated communities.

Old 08-25-2006, 04:50 PM

2,536 posts, read 8,365,226 times
If you are interested in resell...there is a gated community in Lake Wylie, SC (Clover Schools) that's called River Hills Plantation.

Old 08-25-2006, 05:16 PM

336 posts, read 404,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j770 View Post
I hope you have a car ! the bus system sucks ! esp since they have changed it. It use to be more convenient.
I too would like to know which are the gated communities.
Somebody without a car would most likely not be asking about gated communities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spartansrule View Post
Hello --

We are considering a relocation to Charlotte. Which are the gate communities and how to they compare to other neighborhoods?

I have also posted a message re: private school recommendations.....anyone? anyone?

Our biggest concern is the schools, followed by commute time to S College St.

Thanks in advance!
The 700k+ area of The Palisades is gated. The rest of the areas in The Palisades are 350k+ and are still very nice. It is more than a mile from the community entrance on a main road to where the houses start. There will be a private K-8 school built within the community which is supposed to open in 2007. I think that they are supposed to get their own Harris Teeter grocery store at a town center within the development also.

Old 11-29-2006, 02:18 PM

2 posts, read 9,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T.S. View Post
Somebody without a car would most likely not be asking about gated communities.
he didnt say that he didnt have a car
he said he hopes those people have a car because the bus system sucks.
way to add a huge assumption into such a simple comment.

further if a person wants to rely on public transit it does not give you any information on their income or whether they have a car or not. Some people like options...have cars make good money but choose to ride the bus.

FOR GOOD GATED COMMUNITIES IN CHARLOTTE:
I suggest you do a very detail series of searches on various home, apartment, and realty finding sites in charlotte, tailor the searches to the type of demographics you need, and then read the comments of tenants/residents on each of these places. Make your choice like that...you get more data that way. GOOD LUCK ---CHARLOTTE SUCKS BY THE WAY; I'd move somewhere else unless you like crappy everything refering to:

the traffic and lack of driving skills of the people here (its dangerous)
the amount of hit and runs that occur here, involving vehicle to vehicle and vehicle to pedestrian collisions.
the lack of complete side walks and anything conductive to people who jog, walk, etc around most of the city accept private neighborhoods who decide to build these kinds of things.
haphazard city lay out, dont expect to learn your way around here if you havent lived here before. I recommend a GPS system in your car...looking down at google maps while you drive will turn you in to native charlotte drivers lol.
increasing crime rate, and not its not just in the "bad" or low income areas of town. The university area experienced a recent rise in crime such as armed robberies to students on and off campus! Not to mention sensless crimes that appear not to be aimed at anyone in particular (brick throwing at random cars, shooting at people in cars waiting at stop lights)
Night life gets old really fast.
Not as much to do down town as you would think.

Anyway if you dont mind these kinds of things, then im sure you can be happy here...its just not the place for me again GOOD LUCK

Old 11-29-2006, 05:23 PM

2,314 posts, read 2,124,798 times
There are a few up toward Lake Norma but you will be paying close to $1M.

Old 11-29-2006, 05:37 PM

240 posts, read 936,094 times
There will be a new development called Christenbury in Cabarrus County. Simonini Builders (luxury homebuilder) are building a gated section. Cannon School is a private school that is close.

Old 11-29-2006, 05:39 PM

2,314 posts, read 2,124,798 times
Just to add to previous post. Do not confuse this with Christenbury Hills in Mecklenburg county.

Old 11-29-2006, 07:15 PM

1,892 posts, read 5,561,833 times
There are some gated communities around this way too -- most in higher price ranges and a few golf course communities. Check out Longview, Woodhall, Quintessa, there's some others as well.

Old 11-30-2006, 03:04 PM

17 posts, read 49,377 times
There are new gated communities going into Cabarrus County. Most are close to 1 million price range. Commute to downtown Charlotte would be terrible but local public schools and private schools are very good. I grew up in these area. PM for detailed information.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or