Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2011, 04:12 PM

33 posts, read 71,312 times

Advertisements

I'm trying to get more salt for my driveway. I guess not today!!! I guess I'll try Target or Walmart.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2011, 04:20 PM

8,237 posts, read 13,462,711 times
That is good that they are closed. They are taking into consideration the employees safety.
Planning ahead is necessary.....

Old 01-11-2011, 04:25 PM

14,688 posts, read 26,515,195 times
Don't know how long you have been here, but that is the way Charlotte is. Not enough equipment to take care of the roads so the couple times a year that it is bad everything is shut down early or not open at all.

Old 01-11-2011, 04:29 PM

2,353 posts, read 4,634,842 times
Yes, I tried to go to Trader Joe's at Metropolitan, and they were closing ~ 5:00 or so. I understand! These roads after the sun goes down will be treacherous. (I am glad the Dilworth Harris Teeter was open, though!)

Old 01-11-2011, 04:33 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,305,693 times
This is reason you stock up when a Winter Storm is in the forecast.

Old 01-11-2011, 04:47 PM

33 posts, read 71,312 times
I ran out of salt earlier. I guess I should have bought a couple of bags. I thought 1 bag would be enough for this storm. Well you live and you learn. This is my 2nd Charlotte winter. My first winter in this home that has a steep incline. I called Walmart, Target, Harris Teeter, Shell, Cvs, & Walgreen. Everyone is out of salt/ice melt. Well I work from home but trying to help out others in the household. Well lets hope the small amount I have left will be enough.

Old 01-11-2011, 04:48 PM

15,546 posts, read 11,936,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clevegirl View Post
I'm trying to get more salt for my driveway. I guess not today!!! I guess I'll try Target or Walmart.
The Northlake Target closed at 7pm last night, I'm sure they'll do the same tonight. Road conditions aren't much better, and a lot of people can't make it into work. Or they're just not going to risk getting into an accident for low pay. We went to Harris Teeter today, and the deli was closed, they didn't have enough people show up to have the whole store up and running. Trader Joe's only had one cashier working (looked like it was a manger actually), their sample counter was closed, and I really only saw 2 other workers in the entire store.

Old 01-11-2011, 04:50 PM

15,546 posts, read 11,936,089 times
Quote:
I ran out of salt earlier. I guess I should have bought a couple of bags. I thought 1 bag would be enough for this storm. Well you live and you learn. This is my 2nd Charlotte winter. My first winter in this home that has a steep incline. I called Walmart, Target, Harris Teeter, Shell, Cvs, & Walgreen. Everyone is out of salt/ice melt. Well I work from home but trying to help out others in the household. Well lets hope the small amount I have left will be enough.
Its supposed to be sunny tomorrow, so the sun will help out a lot in getting things melted.

Old 01-11-2011, 04:54 PM

747 posts, read 2,097,577 times
Quote:
My neighbor couldnt find any today, so he bout a 20 lb bag of kitty litter and used that. I assume it wasnt to melt the ice, just to give him traction on his driveway. We also have a very steep inclined driveway, 1 thing I started doing when we moved here was in prep for snow, I back into the garage. That way, when I pull out, I dont have to worry about backing out.

Old 01-11-2011, 06:22 PM

5,163 posts, read 3,627,262 times
Default Backing In

^^^ I do the exact same thing...a matter of fact, I back in my car and the wife's, so she doesnt have to worry either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte