Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 08:59 AM

132 posts, read 449,332 times

Advertisements

Cool. Thanks!

I guess I'll have to check out the road some time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2007, 05:03 PM

142 posts, read 608,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stokes718 View Post
Funny thing is, I saw the sign for Verdict Ridge and got a chill. That name makes the community sound awfully cold and unfriendly to me. I imagined all these mean-faced people who just watch your every move, staring with faces like this>>
Should have been a friendlier, fruitier name like Cherry Grove, Apple blossom, Banana Splits....lol
LOL. I dont know who came up with the name, but in keeping with the legal theme, the restaurant at the Golf Country Club is called Guilties. The menu has Indictments (appitizers), Jury Selections (salads), Opening statements (sandwichs/ burgers), The Evidence (Entrees), and the Verdict (dessert). There are two Verdict/Dessert menus, Guilty or not Guilty. Here is a link to the menu. Pretty clever.

http://www.verdictridge.com/legalmenu.pdf (broken link)

Old 07-18-2007, 05:17 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,501,703 times
wow they only have 3 pieces of Evidence

I might have to go for the blackened fried Bologna but then again I usually do that when I forget I left it on the stove lol.

Old 07-19-2007, 09:47 AM

57 posts, read 298,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave037 View Post
LOL. I dont know who came up with the name,
<SNIPPED>
Verdict Ridge's developer is Eddie Knox, an attorney and former Mayor of Charlotte from 1979-1983. He probably came up with the name and legal theme. :-)

Old 07-19-2007, 01:41 PM

18 posts, read 55,569 times
I am relocating to the area in Nov. and have only been looking at n. charlotte, but I have an open mind and want to see all my options. What towns in Lincoln county do you recommend. I don't really know the area by the development names. Thanks for the help.

Old 07-19-2007, 01:56 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,501,703 times
All the towns in Lincoln County you probably be fine if you dont mind small town feel.
Most of development are going around Denver any where else in the county it pretty much a house on a street. If you are hearing about a development in Licoln county it more than likely is just Denver.
City Data provides a wealth of infomation on Lincoln County and other areas just click the city data icon at top of the page. here is link however
http://www.city-data.com/county/Lincoln_County-NC.html

Towns in Lincoln County
Lincolnton
Denver
Crouse
Iron Station
Vale
Boger City

Old 07-19-2007, 01:58 PM

1,502 posts, read 4,083,424 times
Read the local paper news@norman online.

The new Hwy 16 will be of little benefit until it is extended to Hwy 150, which is still years down the road (no pun intended). Reason being is because everyone has to get off of the new highway anyways to go to their homes in Denver, but the highway deadends miles before you even get to Denver. The huge development of the Walmart Supercenter, Lowes, in addition to all the other development at the Hwy 16 and Hwy 73 interchange all within a 1 mile area of East Lincoln H.S. will make it a traffic nightmare.

Old 07-19-2007, 08:12 PM

153 posts, read 477,895 times
I cannot really relate to the last two comments, but I have to say Lincoln County is a pretty wide county and my perspective is from just over the Meck/Lincoln line on the very edge of the EAST SIDE where Highways 16 and 73 intersect.

DEVELOPMENT: Lincoln County is definitely trying to put a cap on brand new development, but there are several nice developments that are still growing here in East Lincoln. We are in very nice Lincoln County Development (The Gates at Waterside Crossing), but our address is "Stanley." It was just a post office thing. The stores across the street are in Denver.

NEW HWY 16: And our new Hwy 16 exit is OPEN! YAY! Even before it opened, my commute to the center of uptown was less than 30 minutes. If you go further up, north of 73 on the existing 16, it can be a huge headache during rush hour. We just don't experience that.

SMALL TOWN FEEL: While some parts of Lincoln County are very rural, we are right at Hwy 16 and 73 which is booming and is a metropolis compared to the actual small town I grew up in. We did not have a great variety of shopping and dining right across the street, and a brand new Lowe's and Wal-Mart under construction within a short drive. Also, it takes us literally seven minutes to get to Birkdale and Huntersville which are definitely not small town feels and have a ton of dining, shopping, and entertainment.

My perspective is from EAST Lincoln County. The county is pretty long. I think the comments about very little development, lots of "houses on the street," and less to do are pretty accurate about a lot of the county.

Good luck and feel free to PM me if you want more information on my little area on the East side of Lincoln County!

Old 07-20-2007, 05:46 AM

57 posts, read 298,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinagirrrrrrrls View Post
DEVELOPMENT: Lincoln County is definitely trying to put a cap on brand new development....
Can anyone commment on the water/sewer costs in Lincoln County? I hear that the average new home in Denver is paying near $250 in the summer time for water/sewer, and the county just raised the rates for water/sewer taps as well as water/sewer rates.

Old 07-20-2007, 06:41 AM

153 posts, read 477,895 times
I can only offer my perspective: Yes, the cost for new water/sewer taps has gone up significantly. You will absorb this cost if you build a new house. It is another reason to buy an existing home. My husband waters the yard all the time. Our family takes a lot of baths and showers, and washes a lot of laundry. We have never had a water bill over $100. Maybe people with much bigger families or lots of land and irrigation...? I can't imagine what we could do to get the water bill that high. I know that sometimes stories and complaints grow as they are passed around. I don't see it. Hope this helps!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte