Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 03:09 PM

22 posts, read 56,386 times

Advertisements

[b]OH MY GOD. [b]This is awesome information. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2007, 03:58 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,493,145 times
Im just giving you guys that good ol southern hospitality.

Sorry about the tax talk in the beginning but I hope it helps those trying to understand way it works and I appreciate the posters who clarify it.

I am just glad I was able to clear out some of my bookmarks LOL Have a good day!

Old 08-23-2007, 09:35 AM

457 posts, read 1,376,884 times
Sunny, you are the best, what awesome information you have provided everyone who is thinking of or is moving to the Charlotte area, thanks so much...I'm coming down weekend of sept 7th, to find a place to call home in the Huntersville area, possibly Colonial Grand property, new construction, I know you are familiar with...Anyway, look forward to my trip, and maybe someday meeting you guys...

Southern hospitality at it's best..!!

Old 08-26-2007, 02:13 AM

Default More Charlotte Information

All the information listed below is provided here right on the host site of this forum http://www.city-data.com
The following information and other cities is located on this host site
http://www.city-data.com/us-cities/The-South/index.html

Click on any of the links below to learn more about each subject

Charlotte: Introduction

Charlotte, known as the "Queen City," offers a fascinating mix of southern culture and growing business mecca. A major economic center with growing finance and defense industries, the city's economic base continues to develop at a rate more than twice that of the rest of the country.

Charlotte: Geography and Climate

Charlotte is located in southwestern North Carolina's Piedmont region of rolling hills. The city is about 85 miles south and east of the Appalachian Mountains, and about 180 miles northwest of the Atlantic Ocean.

Charlotte: History

The first colonial settlers—German, Scotch-Irish, English, and French Huguenot—in the region that is now Charlotte encountered a friendly, peaceful native tribe, the Catawba. The area's fertile soil brought more settlers, and by 1761 the Catawba were restricted to assigned territory in South Carolina.

Charlotte: Population Profile

Charlotte: Municipal Government

Charlotte-Mecklenburg County is governed by two elective entities: an 11-member city council with an elected mayor, all of whom serve two-year terms; and a professional city manager, a position appointed by the city council.

Charlotte: Economy

Distribution and banking are the two major forces responsible for the emergence of Charlotte as a major urban center where economic growth and business development are flourishing.

Charlotte: Education and Research

Charlotte is at the forefront of innovation in education today. The public school system, which implemented court-ordered busing to achieve desegregation in 1970, is now considered a model for the entire country in terms of race relations.

Charlotte: Health Care

The importance of the availability of quality, cost-efficient health care has long been recognized by Charlotte's citizens. Early recognition in the community of future cost problems and cooperative efforts to keep cost increases under control have resulted in reasonable costs, thoughtful use of services by physicians, and efficient hospital management.

Charlotte: Recreation

Sightseers in Charlotte enjoy the Mecklenburg County park system, which includes 175 parks with more than 14,000 acres, plus an extensive growing greenway system. Latta Plantation Nature Preserve—1,290 acres off Mountain Island Lake in northern Mecklenburg County—is a prime example, and the park is becoming a major recreational center in the Southeast.

Charlotte: Convention Facilities

Boasting more than 23,000 hotel rooms, Charlotte has become the major business travel center in the Carolinas and a prime meeting and convention center in the Southeast. The Charlotte Convention Center offers 850,000 square feet and hosts trade shows, conventions, conferences, and expositions.

Charlotte: Transportation

Charlotte/Douglas International Airport, a U.S. Airways hub, is about twenty minutes from uptown and is ranked among the nation's busiest airports (thirteenth in operations and seventeenth in passengers in 2003) averaging more than 500 daily departures serving about 25 million passengers every year.

Charlotte: Communications

The Charlotte Observer is Charlotte's major daily newspaper (morning). Also published in Charlotte is SportsBusiness Journal, a national tabloid-size glossy weekly that reports on the glitzy and the mundane of sports business.

Old 08-26-2007, 08:43 PM

24 posts, read 88,862 times
Awesome Post! .... I'm moving to Indian Trail and would love any other info anybody has on Union County goings on ... Thanks a million!

Old 08-28-2007, 07:13 AM

1 posts, read 2,983 times
This is a terrific resource for newcomers.

Old 09-11-2007, 01:25 PM

74 posts, read 100,617 times
Default Charlotte taxes...

I think some people may have been mislead...I live in a Condo/Townhouse with a 1 car garage...valued at $115,000 and my Charlotte City Taxes for 2007 were...$1,555.00...and of course may go up if these idiots oppose the Transit Tax...Hello people...Transit Trains are not FREE...if they cut the Transit Tax...then property taxes will increase.

Old 09-13-2007, 03:23 PM

17 posts, read 114,522 times
Default Can we get this thread "stickied" again?

This is a great thread with terrific links. How can we get it marked with a sticky note again? I had to go digging to find it this time and I think it would be very useful to have it at the top of the list again so people moving to Charlotte (like myself) or people consider moving to Charlotte can access it easily.

Thanks!

Old 09-13-2007, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creatively View Post
This is a great thread with terrific links. How can we get it marked with a sticky note again? I had to go digging to find it this time and I think it would be very useful to have it at the top of the list again so people moving to Charlotte (like myself) or people consider moving to Charlotte can access it easily.

Thanks!
Thank you. This thread is being rotated with city dta meetup in the area and the festival events thread so you dont have to look at same ol thing all the time. If you dont want to subscribe or bookmark it you can always use the search feature and in my honest opinion I get better city data results off google.

Old 10-04-2007, 09:24 PM

11 posts, read 29,070 times
Thank you! This is wonderful!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte