U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2009, 07:58 AM

7 posts, read 16,027 times

Advertisements

does the smell go into Skybrook? I am looking to live there someday, maybe? I know they are GREEN ..etc..but hey can not push there smell on to others, this is the main problem. People are getting sick and can not even go outside at times..They should sell and relocate, its only soil? Move once and for all..the people will never stand for this even if Wallace wins...It will start all over again and cost them hundreds of thousands...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2009, 11:40 AM

246 posts, read 502,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeynuzz View Post
does the smell go into Skybrook? I am looking to live there someday, maybe? I know they are GREEN ..etc..but hey can not push there smell on to others, this is the main problem. People are getting sick and can not even go outside at times..They should sell and relocate, its only soil? Move once and for all..the people will never stand for this even if Wallace wins...It will start all over again and cost them hundreds of thousands...

They aren't "pushing" the smell on anybody. They were here FIRST! As far as your claim of people "getting sick," I'll believe it when I see it.

Old 08-10-2009, 12:54 PM

737 posts, read 1,872,090 times
Havent smelled anything in quite a while...maybe just lucky?

Old 08-10-2009, 01:03 PM

3,562 posts, read 4,949,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by groove1 View Post
Then its the Wallace's greedy fault for selling their land to developers.

Hardly. If anything they just played the greedy land developers for fools. They were there before anyone. If a developer offers them X amount of money for a partial of their land, then they have the right to sell it and the developers should have to worry about the buyers or should have thought about it before offering to buy the land.

Old 08-10-2009, 03:47 PM

1,877 posts, read 4,303,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeynuzz View Post
I, for one, would gladly contribute to a fund to defray costs of any ridiculous lawsuit. Sorry if it smells, but what do you expect whe you buy next to a compost plant???

Old 08-26-2009, 08:36 PM

1 posts, read 2,008 times
Cool Landfill really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswife View Post
Hi there I acutally live in a development right near Wallace's farm. When I moved into this neighborhood, I did the research and found out there was a plant right behind us. The odor really doesn't bother me but I'm from No. Va (before it was taken over by Northeners) where there used to be cow farms all over. The odor is worst in the evenings as the sun goes down. It's gotten better since all the complaints it's received from all the developments. In my opinion, this farm was there first and the orginal Wallace owned all this land. If people are so worried about the odor, they should have moved elsewhere. I have not and will not sign any petition to run this family out. I will tell you that the land where Skybrook (half a million dollar homes) is used to be a landfill so I wouldn't recommending purchasing one of those overpriced homes. Good luck!

Where did you get your information that there was a landfill under Skybrook, I have heard rumors but can't find any information on this. I have been told this was not true.

Old 02-19-2011, 08:24 AM

1 posts, read 1,438 times
I personally would like to see someone come in and buy every house in HC, bulldoze all of them down, plant grass, then GIVE it back to the Wallace family as a gift and include a dozen cows for every acre!!

Old 02-19-2011, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundaymunday View Post
I personally would like to see someone come in and buy every house in HC, bulldoze all of them down, plant grass, then GIVE it back to the Wallace family as a gift and include a dozen cows for every acre!!
That's what Charlotte needs, a few thousand more homeless people...great idea!

Old 02-19-2011, 08:44 AM

2,403 posts, read 5,774,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikealialex View Post
That's what Charlotte needs, a few thousand more homeless people...great idea!
How would they ( the former owners ) be additional homeless people !? pls read the post again the poster said BUY, therefore they would have money to move into another home away from any of this type of operation or farm. It surprise's me that no one on this site is angry with the builder/developer who built the homes in that area and sold them to these complainers. know where you are buying Have seen this problem all over the country. When will people learn.

Old 02-19-2011, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter 1 View Post
How would they ( the former owners ) be additional homeless people !? pls read the post again the poster said BUY, therefore they would have money to move into another home away from any of this type of operation or farm. It surprise's me that no one on this site is angry with the builder/developer who built the homes in that area and sold them to these complainers. know where you are buying Have seen this problem all over the country. When will people learn.
Complainers? Not all of us complain, I knew of the problem before I moved, and it didnt stop me. I think its important that people thinking of moving know about it though. Because it's not an everyday problem, I probably wouldnt have known about it other than when I read about it on CD.
And to say that the lucky homeowners could just get up and move, would "they" pay the value now, or what I paid for my home 3 years ago when the value was 20% higher? And besides, I love it here, I don't want to move. I picked Highland Creek for many reasons, and it was a well thought out move. We are happy, not complaining.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or