U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2011, 06:03 AM

198 posts, read 567,538 times

Advertisements

Hubby and I are looking for a place to go tonight where we can get pizza and wings.

Normally, our favorite place for pizza is Hawthorne's. We love that NY-style pizza.

And normally, our go-to place for wings is BW3. We like the traditional Buffalo sauce, where the wings are fried but NOT breaded.

So ... anyone have any recommendations for where we could go that offers both? We're willing to drive to Pineville or Matthews or somewhere if that's what we have to do.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2011, 06:24 AM

14,693 posts, read 23,148,829 times
I know you asked about tonight but I wanted to give you this suggestion for lunch if you work uptown. Holy Matrimony (WingzzaTruck) on Twitter has good pizza and wings. The wings are fried and not breaded.

I live in Matthews and have been to Family Restaurant & Sports Bar in Matthews several times. I like their pizza and wings (fried, not breaded). I also like the wings at McKoy's Smokehouse and Saloon but they don't have pizza.

Old 01-27-2011, 06:33 AM

416 posts, read 811,160 times
^ Agree with Kristophers in Matthews (referenced as "Family Restaurant & Sports Bar in Matthews") above.

The pizza is not going to be as good as Hawthorne's, but their wings are really good. Probably as good of a pizza/wings place as I've eaten at.

Old 01-27-2011, 06:34 AM

4,280 posts, read 10,058,541 times
+2 on Kristophers in Matthews for this combo.

Today is Thursday which means they will be serving a great pulled pork sandwich (vinegar based) if you are so inclined.

Old 01-27-2011, 06:53 AM

14,693 posts, read 23,148,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumbo View Post
^ Agree with Kristophers in Matthews (referenced as "Family Restaurant & Sports Bar in Matthews") above.

The pizza is not going to be as good as Hawthorne's, but their wings are really good. Probably as good of a pizza/wings place as I've eaten at.
Thanks for adding the clarification, I forgot to check how the URL translated. I like their Taco Pizza.

Old 01-27-2011, 08:11 AM

16 posts, read 32,684 times
We have been eating NY Pizza on South BLVD, next to Big Lots. Doesn't look like much, but the Pie is HUGE and great. They have wings, which I have not tried, but I'd bet they are good.

Additionally, in Huntersville, is Taste of Buffalo wings and pizza, for that upstate New York style. It is great, and you will be stuffed.
Good Luck!

Old 01-27-2011, 10:12 AM

1,969 posts, read 3,076,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlotte_chaos View Post
We have been eating NY Pizza on South BLVD, next to Big Lots. Doesn't look like much, but the Pie is HUGE and great. They have wings, which I have not tried, but I'd bet they are good.

Additionally, in Huntersville, is Taste of Buffalo wings and pizza, for that upstate New York style. It is great, and you will be stuffed.
Good Luck!

I've been meaning to check that place out, see if they can walk the walk. Only wings I've had so far were from Wing King cafe, and they were so so.

Old 01-27-2011, 11:31 AM

120 posts, read 209,727 times
Go to lorenzo's pizzeria they are on the corner of ardrey kell and marvin rd i think they have the best ny pizza and there wings are great also....one downside they always have a packed house.....but thats a good thing i guess...lol

Old 01-29-2011, 11:07 AM

812 posts, read 1,653,992 times
We really like Quaker Steak and Lube wings but if they do have pizza it isn't going to be anything exciting. Concord Mills exit.

Old 01-29-2011, 02:25 PM

198 posts, read 567,538 times
Thanks so much for all the replies! We went to Kristopher's. The wings were good and the pizza was decent. The previous posters were right, though, when they said it wouldn't be as good as Hawthorne's! Then again, nothing is.

Anyway, it definitely hit the spot for what we were looking for.

I used to live in Buffalo back in the early 80s (before wings were a national thing), and all the pizza places served wings. Now that wings are everywhere, it seems you can only get them at places that focus on wings alone (BW3, Wild Wing Cafe, etc), or at mass-chain pizza places (Domino's, Papa John's, etc). I wonder why awesome pizza places like Hawthorne's don't offer better wings?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte