Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2007, 08:25 PM

58 posts, read 249,652 times

Advertisements

With NC growing, any ideas how long before Statesville will grow again? I understand their are two sides to Statesville ?North and South ?
I haven't been there yet, just listening to others. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2007, 01:36 AM

872 posts, read 3,585,263 times
I don't see Statesville seeing the amount of growth like Mooresville or Huntersville or any other suburb area of Charlotte. Sure it will and has been growing but not at the rate of other locations. Reason is Statesville is a fairly long drive from Charlotte (45-50 mins) so not a lot of commuters moving there. North or South Statesville I know nothing about though.

Old 07-19-2007, 07:41 AM

44 posts, read 154,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newlife5 View Post
With NC growing, any ideas how long before Statesville will grow again? I understand their are two sides to Statesville ?North and South ?
I haven't been there yet, just listening to others. Thanks
I've lived in Statesville for over 20 years and from what I have seen it is the slowest growing city in the area. The north area around Wal-mart has seen the most growth. And there are a lot of subdivisions popping up all over. As far as retail it has been stagnate for years. The mall is a joke. Most people still go out of town for decent shopping.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte