U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2007, 12:54 PM

3,574 posts, read 13,094,096 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen224 View Post
Great! Thanks, everyone! I'm heading down to Charlotte next weekend to start my apartment hunt. I'm a little overwhelmed right now, but I'm definitely excited!
Having no clue where you're from and your nursing experience/background, and my own curiosity - as a young single (no spouse / children) RN - why did you decide on Charlotte (and Carolinas Medical, I'm guessing) vs. NYC, Chicago, Boston, Philly or even Winston-Salem????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2007, 05:12 PM

32 posts, read 64,948 times
Default Crock, tell me more about Plaza Midwood....

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRock View Post
Check out Plaza Midwood. Great neighborhood, restaurants, shopping, nightlife and you are like 5 minutes from CMC on Kings Drive.
relocating from Miami, have been searching NODA, Elizabeth & Plaza-Midwood...you seem to speak positively about it

tell me more

Thanks, Billie

Old 11-07-2007, 06:57 AM

905 posts, read 3,063,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by billiep View Post
relocating from Miami, have been searching NODA, Elizabeth & Plaza-Midwood...you seem to speak positively about it

tell me more

Thanks, Billie
Yeah, I'm a big Plaza-Midwood cheerleader..............I bought there in 1988 and love it. Its such a cool neighborhood, bungalow architecture, lots of shopping alternatives, and location, location, location. On the downside it has become expensive, prices are well above $200 a square foot. My neighbors house sold for $264 a sq ft this past summer! There are tons of houses on the market in Plaza-Midwood, so I would consider it a buyers market. I hear the average days on market is about 120 days.

As for NODA, it has come a long way. However I feel it still has a ways to go. I would feel best about living close to 35th st and avoid the "fringe" NODA areas.

Dilworth is awesome, if I could have afforded it I would have bought there instead of Plaza-Midwood. Of the 3 neighborhoods you mentioned I would say Dilworth is the largest.

You might also want to look at Elizabeth and Chantilly, older close in neighborhoods adjacent to Plaza-Midwood.

Good Luck and let us know where you end up
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or