U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2007, 08:38 PM

45,270 posts, read 88,319,180 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH1970 View Post
Yeah...I've avoided it because I can see myself being more of a buddy than a parent. My nephew's the closest I have to a boy and I like it that way.

But yeah...great points on the parents moving into a house right away. That's something I would never have thought of.
Brian, I can just picture you being a great uncle to your nephew Being involved in his life is all the reason you really need to move back I bet. And I say, GOOD FOR YOU. A kid can never have too many adults in his life who care enough about him to spend quality time with him. But I still say we're going to miss you around here!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2007, 08:50 PM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,551 posts, read 9,273,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Brian, I can just picture you being a great uncle to your nephew Being involved in his life is all the reason you really need to move back I bet. And I say, GOOD FOR YOU. A kid can never have too many adults in his life who care enough about him to spend quality time with him. But I still say we're going to miss you around here!
You will not miss me around here. Heck...I'll be prone to popping in just to keep the mods on their toes.

I get my butt out of work very early on Friday, rest up for my blowout weekend at the Verizon Wireless and then the packing begins the week after.

Old 07-24-2007, 09:29 PM

3,574 posts, read 13,096,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KEEPITSIMPLE View Post
................And what do you get for you taxes ? Overcrowded schools and budget cuts that require the school to do fundraising so that we can install security systems. Every inch of land in this area (Ocean Cty.) is being developed. Strip malls and overpriced housing....sounds familiar doesn't it ! The shore area is nice but not without faults. Traffic is a huge issue because more and more people commute here every year. There is not much employment locally that would support the kind of incomes these families need so they have to travel. And all those commuting parents have to leave their kids in some sort of day care facilty or after school program because both mom and dad are bread winners. Oh, the kids are older and self sufficient ? Great- give them a key to the house and they'll stay out of trouble until you get home ! Yeah right.

Alot of people from NY have come to south NJ for the sake of a better lifestyle. The attitudes come with them too. Everyone has an agenda. Everyone has a chip on their shoulder.....sounds familiar again. The people who were born and raised in any state have the right to feel negativity toward arrogant transplants. If you move somewhere, you should adapt and not expect those around you to conform to your way of thinking. We moved here from north NJ fourteen years ago and what do you know....it followed us right up to the doorstep. .......
Substitute Charlotte Metro south/Lake Norman area for south Jersey and/or Ocean City. That's what's happening here and on the coast, and to RTP (I don't care about them ).
I used an alternate route (Hwy 74/76) to Wilmington Friday. It took me 1 hour to get from Monroe to Wingate at 2 pm. I didn't recognize the area anymore and until I saw the sign for Sun Valley High School, I thought I took a wrong turn somewhere. LOL I was so concerned about getting through Charlotte and hitting the beach traffic - that was a piece of cake!

Last edited by mm_mary73; 07-24-2007 at 09:38 PM..

Old 08-07-2007, 02:00 PM
Emy

113 posts, read 360,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH1970 View Post
You will not miss me around here. Heck...I'll be prone to popping in just to keep the mods on their toes.

I get my butt out of work very early on Friday, rest up for my blowout weekend at the Verizon Wireless and then the packing begins the week after.
So have you moved out of NC or are you still here?

Old 08-07-2007, 03:27 PM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,551 posts, read 9,273,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emy View Post
So have you moved out of NC or are you still here?
Actually until the week of Thanksgiving. Come that week it's home sweet home for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte