U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2011, 08:09 AM

1 posts, read 638 times

Advertisements

[FONT=Verdana]IN THE LAST 2 MONTHS, I have been noticing an unusual amount of trash all over the roads and sides of roads, collecting in woods, banks, bushes, even people's yards! There seems to be a big issue with the trash trucks losing items from the back of the truck and leaving them to blow around and settle. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana] [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana]I called in a complaint to the trash company who services Huntersville and they were not very interested in my complaint. I witnessed, while trash was being "picked up" one morning, that it was actually being distributed back onto the streets, and all over the ground! When I called and told the guy specifically where the problem had occurred he said “without a truck # there is nothing I can do”…but I know for a fact these companies keep tight schedules and know their trucks routes; this guy just didn’t want to deal with the complaint. Very irresponsible.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana] [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana]Point is, take a look around as you’re driving to work or dropping the kids off at school. Notice all the trash that's piling up on the sides of the road? Most likely it's from trash trucks, the drivers being careless and lazy. Keep an eye open when you see them picking up trash; how much is blowing back out of the truck all over our communities? Who cleans this up? Who is making these companies take responsibility for their actions?[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana] [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana]In the 50-60 yards that I was watching this happen before we passed each other on the road, I saw the truck lose enough trash to fill up 2 large garbage cans!!! That is ridiculous!![/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana]WHO DO WE MAKE COMPLAINTS TO IF THE BUSINESS AT FAULT TAKES NO RESPONSIBILITY???[/FONT]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte