Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2011, 07:14 AM

2,532 posts, read 3,449,764 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by still_in_CT View Post
What do you mean by being safer? Which towns in NC are less safe?
In Charlotte (Mecklenburg County), the court system is a revolving door. Criminals are caught and released in a couple months and just have to meet court dates in which most are considered not guilty for crimes they actually did commit. My case was one of those (was armed robbed around south park, a pretty nice neighborhood; the only time anything has ever happened to me). These criminals in turn commit more crimes; hence why most people caught have these big criminal records (10-15) for all the times they were caught/booked.

In South Carolina, we lock up criminals so there are less on the street. Plus, our state is a firm believer in capital punishment. Just compare the news between the two and you will see on average our crime is way lower than the North Carolina side.

As for Clover, I am unaware of their crime or lack their of. I am speaking on Fort Mill/Rock Hill. Fort Mill since I have lived here the worst crime I am aware of is theft out of people's open garages on individual cases (i.e. golf clubs).

The numbers for cost of living sound skewed due to all the big mansions that line Lake Wylie.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2011, 07:15 AM

36 posts, read 65,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chance2jump View Post
Lake Wylie has a lot, I mean A LOT, of very expensive homes built along the lake shore. This skews the numbers significantly.
I had the same impression. I searched, on realtor.com, for houses there and there were some nice ones for under 230k - it would cost around 350k here in CT.
Are the schools good there?

Old 02-11-2011, 08:22 AM

14 posts, read 63,447 times
Check out GreatSchools - Public and Private School Ratings, Reviews and Parent Community

GreatSchools.org Search: 29710

Old 02-22-2011, 10:12 AM

36 posts, read 65,930 times
so it looks like I will have a job in Charlotte (southwest area). I was in Charlotte this past weekend and I really like SC area - Lake Wylie, Fort Mill, Tega Cay. I didn't get a chance to drive down to Waxhaw. Anyways,
I've noticed on this forum, in regards to school quality, people saying that Fort Mill Schools are not as good as NC schools - even though FM has one of the best school systems in SC. Is that true, are the schools in FM just the best of the worst?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte