U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2011, 08:29 AM

20 posts, read 55,475 times

Advertisements

Just moved to the area. Looking for fun playgrounds to bring my 3 year old to. Prefer Huntersville, Cornelius, Davidson area, but also am interested in Charlotte as well.

Also looking for other suggestion on fun things to do other than bouncy houses, discovery center.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2011, 10:32 AM

812 posts, read 1,647,916 times
not necessarily on your side of town but mine love riding the Lynx and walking around downtown. They enjoy the parking garage with the touch panels that make tones right next to the tracks where Reids Fine Foods/Brixx Pizza is located (near Bobcats arena).

Imaginon

Of course mine enjoy the play areas in the malls if the weather is bad. If tall enough and potty trained my son loves the IKEA kid watch

Salisbury for the Train Museum/train ride

There is a bird place that is escaping my mind at the moment...
Carolina Raptor Center - Birds of Prey Conservation, Rehabilitation, Education

I have a 4 1/2 yr old son and almost 3 yr old daughter

Fountains downtown seem to amuse my kids too and they loved the Firebird statue with all the mirrors they could see their reflection on!

Old 02-12-2011, 10:34 AM

812 posts, read 1,647,916 times
You might also want to look into a local mommie group for playgroups- they have one for your side of town/area and would know which playgrounds are best and other activities!

Old 02-12-2011, 12:12 PM

3,756 posts, read 8,383,844 times
You may want to try LakeNormanMommies. Google it and sign up for free. They have get-to-gethers, and offer things for your specfic area. Good suggestion Alise007

Old 02-12-2011, 12:13 PM

3,756 posts, read 8,383,844 times
Here you go: LakeNormanMommies.com -- A Mommies Network Community

Old 02-12-2011, 01:17 PM

441 posts, read 1,067,820 times
I agree with all the previous post. I would definetly head into town and go to Imaginon and also Discovery Place. Ride some public transportation and make a day of it...on more than one day.

It will be worth the ride down this way! Plus, you child will not grow up afraid of big bad 'uptown'!
Taben

Old 02-12-2011, 09:35 PM

34 posts, read 56,528 times
Here are a few of the places/activities I like to do with my preschooler Ė a couple that have already been mentioned:

Favorite Kid Parks/Playgrounds: Frank Liske in Concord & Dan Nicholas Park in Salisbury, Freedom Park in Charlotte is also great particularly when it gets warmer

Day Outings: NC Transportation Museum in Salisbury, Lazy Five Ranch in Mooresville, Rayís Splash Planet in Charlotte, Discovery Place Kids in Huntersville

Indoor Rec Centers in Charlotte: Hickory Grove Rec Center (East Charlotte) & Mallard Creek Rec Center (North Charlotte) I think there should be more rec places closer to your part of town but Iíve visited these because they also have great & inexpensive art & sports classes for preschoolers: Get Going Online : Program Registration

Also most of the local libraries have storytimes for kids and you should definitely check out the spraygrounds (Birkdale Village has some) when it gets warmer

Ditto on joining your local momís group. Thatís how I found a playgroup when I moved here and there are also several playgroups/moms groups you can find on meetup.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte