U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2007, 09:31 PM
HPM

2 posts, read 9,821 times

Advertisements

Another portuguese pastry shop just open here in the east, "Sweet Maria's" in Wilson, NC. They do all kinds of portuguese pastries including "pasteis de nata". Nice folks originally from; Sesimbra, Portugal. So... Things are starting to happen here in the east!!! It is about time!!!

Last edited by mm34b; 03-14-2009 at 12:08 PM.. Reason: No Realty!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2008, 06:14 PM

1 posts, read 4,645 times
Hi Portuguese girl!
I live in Charlotte for 1 and a half year now, and I haven't met any other Portuguese here (I've met Brazilians though). Have you found any bakeries or other stuff? Till now, the best I could find here is some canned salmonated trouts from Estarreja at a Dean&Deluca store, wine at Total Wine chains and Porto wine at Harris Teeter!
Please let me know what you have found so far!

Old 01-18-2008, 11:13 AM

10 posts, read 21,074 times
Default Brazilian shops in Monroe Road

Prior to leaving the Charlotte area I found out about Coisas do Brasil and another little store nearby.

For the Portuguese from Portugal, coisas do braisl has:
bacalhau
Pasteis de bacalhau (which are actually VERY good)
Rissois de camarao (not the very best)
caldos knorr (much better and stronger than the ones you buy at the normal grocery stores)
and other things

Harris Teeter now sells Portuguese chourico

Hope this helps. I do not know of many portuguese in the Charlotte area, but I do know there are quite a few Brazilians

Old 01-08-2009, 05:17 PM

1 posts, read 5,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Portuguese girl View Post
New to North carolina Matthews area looking for bakeries or any portuguese related things if anyone knows of any
I am looking for the same info for the myrtle beach south carolina area.

Old 01-08-2009, 06:15 PM

14,937 posts, read 7,046,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunglasses View Post
I am looking for the same info for the myrtle beach south carolina area.

Anyone have information?

looking for portuguese in the carolinas
Hi, we are moving to the Myrtle Beach area we are wondering if there is a Portuguese community in the area. Even if there is one in NC that would work. Does anyone have any info on this subject

Last edited by 2goldens; 01-08-2009 at 06:16 PM.. Reason: Copied post from About The Forum question...helping OP

Old 03-14-2009, 08:20 AM

20 posts, read 57,885 times
Anyone know of any BRASILIAN restaurant or food market in Charlotte, and any educational (language, groups, places of music from Brasil) in Charlotte?

Thanks!

Old 03-14-2009, 11:56 AM

1,312 posts, read 3,101,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2goldens View Post
Anyone have information?

looking for portuguese in the carolinas
Hi, we are moving to the Myrtle Beach area we are wondering if there is a Portuguese community in the area. Even if there is one in NC that would work. Does anyone have any info on this subject
You may want to post this in the Myrtle Beach forum to get more help.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/myrtl...h-conway-area/

Old 04-20-2009, 09:19 PM

1 posts, read 4,292 times
Hi,we moved toConcod NC 2 years ago from RI we have not found anything portuguese products here so if anyone knows anything please let us know. We meet five portuguese couples we get toghether once a month(um passa tempo comemos ,bebemos e brincamos we have to bring RI memories down to NC hope to here from you

PORTUGAL

Old 06-05-2009, 08:04 AM

2 posts, read 8,116 times
I have found persons born in Portugal listed on the federal census records of 19th century NC. One such was E. F. Bettencourts near Wilmington in New Hanover County. He was a large slaveholder (60 enslaved persons in 1850). Clusters of Portuguese born North Carolinians may be found in New Hanover, Onslow, and Craven counties.

Old 06-05-2009, 08:06 AM

2 posts, read 8,116 times
Bettencourt
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte