Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2011, 08:28 PM

29 posts, read 74,418 times

Advertisements

Hello All!

I'm taking a little twist on Valentine's this year and kicking around the idea of giving my loving wife maid service for a year. I'm still doing dinner and flowers plus a fun night out to keep the romance, but I think she will love the extra time she has with having a maid come in and help us keep the house clean. I've never used a maid service before, so any recommendations on a good person or company to use that is reasonable in price. Also, I was curious how often do people have maids come in to clean. Every other week? Once a week? What is the frequency needed for a home/condo that is about 2100 sq ft, 3 bedrooms, 3 baths (though the downstairs never gets used) with a combo of hardwoods and carpet? My thought was every other week or once a month to do the annoying stuff like dusting in weird areas that we don't get to. Thanks for any help in this area and feel free to pm me if you don't feel comfortable posting info on the board that might contain personal info.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2011, 03:54 PM

7,041 posts, read 15,038,729 times
I don't have any recommendations, but, I think that this is a lovely idea. I know that your wife will be thrilled!

Old 02-13-2011, 04:29 PM

443 posts, read 1,258,153 times
Your gift idea is wonderful. My husband sometimes gives me a week off of ALL household things (cooking, laundry, cleaning, etc.). I love it. I really enjoy the respite more than a $100+ dinner!

Sorry...back to the subject. We have our home cleaned every other week. Be aware, once you go down this path it is HARD to let it go. It will be another bill around here as long as we can afford it. Consider Tidy Star cleaning...good, reliable, reasonable and very, very nice folks.
Taben

Old 02-13-2011, 05:04 PM

77 posts, read 137,376 times
I use Maid in Mecklenburg, and they're terrific! Judy, the owner, is really sweet.

Maid in Mecklenburg, Charlotte, NC : Reviews and maps - Yahoo! Local

Old 02-13-2011, 06:34 PM

7,041 posts, read 15,038,729 times
residential | TIDY * STAR | Home | Office | Condo | Cleaning Service | Servicing North and South Carolina

Old 02-13-2011, 07:30 PM

8,402 posts, read 24,227,219 times
I know a couple women who would never let anyone clean their home. They simply don't want anyone to be that...intimate...for lack of a better word, with their home. Just a thought.

Old 02-14-2011, 12:29 PM

29 posts, read 74,418 times
thanks for the advice thus far. looks like there are a few options to choose from. happy v-day everyone!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte