Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 05:22 AM

1 posts, read 9,889 times

Advertisements

I Moved Here From Nj In Sept,in This Development Of What Was Suppose To Have All These New Ammenities Pool,splash Park,and Club House As Of March 23,2007 We Are Not A Part Of Curtis Pond The Only Ones Are Phase 1.i Live In Phase 4 And Was Told By The Sales Office Of Curtis Pond That We Were Getting All These New Ammenities For The New Phases Of Curtis Pond That The Builder Will Be Paying For It.as Of Right Now Phases 2,3,and 4 Are Not A Part Of The Hoa But We Paid The Hoa For This And Have Nothing And May Not Get Nothing In Return So Phases 2,3,and 4 Are Going To Have A Huge Class Action Lawsuit On The Developer And The Sales Office.if You Are Thinking Of Moving Here It's Great For The Kids And All But Please Make Sure You Get In Writing And And A Time Line As To When These Ammenities Will Be Coming.any Other Info You Might Need Write Back.thanks

Winny In Curtis Pond
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2007, 09:24 AM

876 posts, read 3,792,173 times
wow.... punctuation!

Old 03-22-2007, 10:13 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by winny221 View Post
I Moved Here From Nj In Sept,in This Development Of What Was Suppose To Have All These New Ammenities Pool,splash Park,and Club House As Of March 23,2007 We Are Not A Part Of Curtis Pond The Only Ones Are Phase 1.i Live In Phase 4 And Was Told By The Sales Office Of Curtis Pond That We Were Getting All These New Ammenities For The New Phases Of Curtis Pond That The Builder Will Be Paying For It.as Of Right Now Phases 2,3,and 4 Are Not A Part Of The Hoa But We Paid The Hoa For This And Have Nothing And May Not Get Nothing In Return So Phases 2,3,and 4 Are Going To Have A Huge Class Action Lawsuit On The Developer And The Sales Office.if You Are Thinking Of Moving Here It's Great For The Kids And All But Please Make Sure You Get In Writing And And A Time Line As To When These Ammenities Will Be Coming.any Other Info You Might Need Write Back.thanks

Winny In Curtis Pond
Man, this post made me dizzy! And I am always fascinated by folks who type capitalizing each word - doesn't that slow your typing down considerably?

Sorry for your trouble at Curtis Pond.

Old 03-22-2007, 01:16 PM

1,865 posts, read 5,376,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Man, this post made me dizzy! And I am always fascinated by folks who type capitalizing each word - doesn't that slow your typing down considerably?

Sorry for your trouble at Curtis Pond.
Winny's probably very upset! I would be too! Come to think of it, I could have been Winny because we were all set to build in Curtis Pond ourselves. THANK GOD the sales rep, Cliff, was a total jerk & pissed me off...we walked right out of that sales office & went elsewhere!

Winny...we were told the same thing, that there would be a total of 4 phases at Curtis Pond and that another pool, splash park & nature area would be built where Glennallen Rd is now. We were told that all ameneties would be available to all residents no matter what phase they lived in. It all was very vague & you couldn't get anyone in the sales office to committ to anything. Sorry to hear what's happening to you there. My best advice would be to make copies of everything & keep a file. GOOD LUCK to you & the rest of the reidents there...I hope you nail them to the wall!!

BxRosie

Old 03-22-2007, 02:32 PM

227 posts, read 292,731 times
Upset?? Ive never been so upset as to CAP the 1st letter of every word. I have no clue what she said, cause i refuse to read it all. thats crazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by BxRosie View Post
Winny's probably very upset!

Old 01-10-2011, 12:31 PM

2 posts, read 8,121 times
I moved to Curtis Pond in October 2007. We were told a pool and clubhouse were planned. One year later we had a beautiful pool and nice 2000 ft clubhouse. No one ever promised us a splash park. As for nature trails, I did drive around and realized that there was not room for trails, so, if the previous posters did some research ( a 1/2 hr of driving the future neighborhood) the nature trails would have been a non issue. They promised a pool and clubhouse and we got it. The rep from the management company was an total jerk, and the next one was a crook in cahoots with the developer. we now have a new developer, new builders (2) and a new honest rep from the management company. Still have a few that still want their water park. I suggest they go to Disney World and get wet. Curtis Pond is a fine community.

Old 01-10-2011, 09:47 PM

1,865 posts, read 5,376,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodinthehood View Post
I moved to Curtis Pond in October 2007. We were told a pool and clubhouse were planned. One year later we had a beautiful pool and nice 2000 ft clubhouse. No one ever promised us a splash park. As for nature trails, I did drive around and realized that there was not room for trails, so, if the previous posters did some research ( a 1/2 hr of driving the future neighborhood) the nature trails would have been a non issue. They promised a pool and clubhouse and we got it. The rep from the management company was an total jerk, and the next one was a crook in cahoots with the developer. we now have a new developer, new builders (2) and a new honest rep from the management company. Still have a few that still want their water park. I suggest they go to Disney World and get wet. Curtis Pond is a fine community.
Believe me, we did "research" that neighborhood several times & spent way more than half an hour checking CP out. Back in 2005, when we were actively looking, we were told by both Michelle & Cliff (sales agents with Scenic Homes at the time) that there would indeed be a splash park/pool. We even heard them say it to other potential buyers. I know several people that have either built in CP or moved into a resale/inventory home that are quite happy there. For us, personally, it was not where we wanted to be & are quite happy with our decision to build elsewhere. I'm really happy it worked out for you!

Old 01-10-2011, 09:56 PM

747 posts, read 2,104,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by winny221 View Post

Winny In Curtis Pond
But more importantly, where did Winny go? Its been almost 4 years, and there hasnt been another post by them.

Old 02-17-2011, 09:49 AM

2 posts, read 12,094 times
this is to inform you that there are 70 family not in the hoa

Old 02-17-2011, 10:11 AM

2 posts, read 12,094 times
this little note is to inform you that 70 families are not members of the hoa,they are selling homes but not informing potential buyers of this. planned community act of NC47 f states all lot owners have to be in to be a valid hoa
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte