Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2011, 06:20 PM

3,756 posts, read 9,506,715 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica29 View Post
I don't have children. Are there any areas to avoid? I am going to view some homes this weekend so am wondering if there are undesirable areas? Are there specific subs that are nice?

Sent you a DM
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2011, 09:31 PM

2 posts, read 2,011 times
Default Another Neighborhood

We live close to Hambright Woods. I heard everyone that lives in there loves it; it a pretty and a small neighborhood. I think there is a house for sale right now.

Old 04-01-2011, 08:38 PM

43 posts, read 96,132 times
Not to be a worrywart -- and I know there was another thread devoted entirely to the subject -- but is anyone in Huntersville kind of creeped out by the presence of a nuclear plant (McGuire) in their midst? As I browse real estate sites there seem to be an awful lot of nice homes in beautiful neighborhoods that are within a radius of only 3 or 4 miles.

I wouldn't have a big problem with it, but with the hysteria over what has happened in Japan I would think that if my home were within a couple of miles of one of these plants I might have a problem in the future reselling, at least to some buyers.

Last edited by skyhawk55; 04-01-2011 at 08:39 PM.. Reason: Typo

Old 04-01-2011, 08:47 PM

488 posts, read 793,725 times
Never worried me in the least and still does not. Japan had TWO natural disasters which statistically is almost impossible (yes it happened but it is definitely not the norm). If I am going to be paranoid about what ifs I would not feel safe anywhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte