Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2007, 02:07 PM

4 posts, read 20,518 times

Advertisements

We are a family of four. We are from New Jersey. Looking into the huntersville or mooresville area. Any info about schools in this area? My son is 13 and an avid ice hockey player. Local ice hockey in the area? What area in Huntersville? What is the best community in the area? Any info would be great! Dancing schools nearby for my daughter?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2007, 04:40 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,493,145 times
Hi Wlecome to possible Huntersville!!

Here is a link to take you to various Dance Schools in the area
dance schools loc: Huntersville, NC - Google Maps

Here is a link to youth hockey in the area
Charlotte Jr. Checkers Powered by Goalline Sports Administration Software

The communities on west side of 77 are better in my opinion far as getting around and less commute time the homes on the east side you could be sitting on the off ramp of both exits for 20 minutes.
There some back roads easier to access on the west side as well.

The commute time from Huntersville averages 25 minutes during non commute hours to uptown Charlotte and can range up to 45 minutes during peak . There is a HOV lane.

There is also express bus service of all the cities I have visited I would say charlotte has the cleanest buses I have been on and most of people using the express bus are white collar workers . They have cushioned tall seats that recline and have foot rests. A great way to by pass the traffic that isnt in the hov lane, save on parking and gas. Just dont get to comfortable I fell asleep one time and ended up at the garage LOL.

Huntersville great little city the reason I choose this location was due to it a progressive city that is growing. I dont consider it touristy but more of a bedroom community. Except for birkdale shopping area on weekends. A good time to go there is during the week alot less traffic and more peaceful.

What I like living close to the lake is I can access any time I got the urge for some fun in the sun. You are also very close to Mountain Island lake and that another lake very fun to hang out at.

There is an Aquatic Center and a little while back they had olympic diving tryouts held there.

Latta Plantation is really cool park also has the Carolina Raptor Center, horseback riding and they do special events through out the year.

I group up alot of threads relating to the area if you want to know more feel free to look at any of these threads posted below.

Newcomer Photo Guide to Lake Norman and surrounding area Im going to add on to this soon just been kind of busy.

Huntersville New Construction

Update on Light Rail in Charlotte

this thread is about huntersville apartments Huntersville

Huntersville - Gilead Village/Ridge

Mooresville or Huntersville?

Huntersville Farmers Market

Harvest Pointe in Huntersville

Lake Norman?

Hunterville vs. Concord

Huntersville Relocater?

Do you like Lake Norman?

relocating to the Lake Norman area

Looking at Huntersville

Monteith Park Here We Come

Once and for all, Huntersville to Charlotte

Beatties Ford area

What is new at exit 23 in Huntersville

Commute Between Huntersville and Charlotte

Is Lake Norman area rolling hills?

Huntersville?

Details on Birkdale Area?

Birkdale Village

Cedarfield

Huntersville-- Charlotte?! Moving soon!!

Looking for a good marina in Lake Norman

Vets in Lake Norman

Need some Lake Norman Adivice!

Lake Norman dinner cruise?~

Lake Norman nightlife

Any Lake Norman Boaters Out There??

Banana Cream pie today!

Restaurants/Bars on the Water

relocating to the Lake Norman area

Lake Norman Fishing spots?

fancy birthday cakes - Lake Norman area

Flood zone??

Looking for a good marina in Lake Norman

Good hair salon in Lake Norman or

Lake Norman Monster

Lake Norman Area

Lake Norman???

Lake Norman Towns

This should give a you a decent prospective

Old 07-22-2007, 06:57 PM

153 posts, read 477,835 times
I'd like to add my two cents as someone who loves Huntersville, but lives five minutes away and would not have it any other way! Good luck! Here's the thread about where I live.

Why I love Lincoln County

Old 07-22-2007, 07:05 PM

928 posts, read 3,851,056 times
Wow Kayak That's a nice post - you deserve a point for that.
You put alot of links into that one. YEah!! Carolina Love...

Old 07-22-2007, 07:28 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,493,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by XNYgirl View Post
Wow Kayak That's a nice post - you deserve a point for that.
You put alot of links into that one. YEah!! Carolina Love...
Thanks xnygirl there is a search feature on right upper corner but I find it sometimes can be challenging since it will pick every thread that the word is mention. You just gave me idea or I gave it to myself lol I could click each of those links and beside the links put what the main topic is... Ill add that to my to do list.

Old 07-26-2007, 05:47 PM

4 posts, read 20,518 times
Thank you very much. What are the schools like in huntersville? How is Lincoln county?

Old 07-26-2007, 07:15 PM

58 posts, read 286,854 times
wm21...we are also a family of 4 looking at a NC move. Mooresville schools have an excellent reputation and we have enjoyed our 2 prospecting visits there. We most recently visited Denver on the west side of Lake Norman and also liked it a lot! Good luck!

Old 07-26-2007, 08:22 PM

5,137 posts, read 16,583,894 times
search your home on

CarolinaHome.com

it's a nice website.

Huntersville has a lot of nice areas, but i'm not sure if they have a hockey league for your 13yr old son.

My wife's uncle plays on a league every week, but he is around 40yrs old.

Old 07-26-2007, 08:22 PM

872 posts, read 3,584,263 times
Mooresville is an up and coming city with a population of about 20,000 people. And that number is rising with a lot of people moving from Mecklenburg county to here (including me!) I lived in Huntersville for four years and have now have lived in Mooresville for three years. Huntersville and Davidson would be great if it weren't for the schools. Mooresville City schools are just miles ahead of CMS. Even though you see some of the CMS schools on these “Best of Lists”. The reason they’re on those lists is because of the amount of AP and IB tests that are taken. Those are all well and good but, they in no way factor in safety, school climate, or other aspects.

Schools in Mooresville are some of the best in the state. There are 2 districts in Iredell county, Mooresville City Schools and Iredell-Statesville Schools. If you live in the city limits of Mooresville you're kids go to Mooresville city schools. And anywhere else in Iredell county it's Iredell-Statesville schools. There just isn’t a comparison between CMS and Mooresville Graded School’s. The students aren't just fish swimming in a vast open sea like they are down in CMS.(I Graduated from North Meck High School in Huntersville)It's a sink or swim attitude there. Alexander Middle School is a pretty scary middle school also. But there are great elementary schools and middle schools in Davidson, but once your kid starts High School they are shipped to North Meck or Hopewell.

Huntersville has the shorter commute to Charlotte. About 30 mins. Add 15-20 mins for Mooresville. Traffic like the rest of the Charlotte area is stressful at times. Especially when the three NASCAR races come. First two are in May last one is in October. Speaking of NASCAR Mooresville is called Race City USA because most of the NASCAR teams are based in and around Mooresville. (No one in Mooresville calls it that though J) Hence all the traffic around race time. Everyone wants to see his or her favorite driver. Makes me insane trying to drive! @#$%#@*!

Property tax in Mooresville is .55 per every $100. They raised it this year. So they may raise it again in the future. Sewage is $26.00. City water is $4.52 per every 1000 Gallons for usage between 0-10,000 gallons. Not quite sure what taxes are in Huntersville.

Weather in Mooresville and Huntersville sees highs in the summer in the upper 80's to lower 90's. In the winter it's upper 40's to low 50's. Doesn't snow often.

Crime in Huntersville and Mooresville is very low. They’re both very safe to live in, but not quite to the point where you don’t have to lock your door of course.

Hope this answered some of your questions. Good luck on your move where ever you decide and enjoy.

Mooresville made the top 100 places to live survey. 65th. Only three NC cites made the list.
MONEY Magazine: Best places to live 2007: Mooresville, NC snapshot
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte