Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 03:47 PM
ADR

171 posts, read 515,303 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootbeer88 View Post
We have looked at Crismark when we were down there and like it. We liked the Westport homes. Can you tell me your thoughts on the sub division? Do you have kids? Have you researched the schools?

I live in Westport home in Crismark. So far I like the community. They don't bulldoze all the trees like most new communites. We actually got a nice wooded back yard. Which model are you looking at? We are in the Westport ranch plan, The Lexington.

My daughter is in a private school, Metrolina Christian Academy, but Crismark is in the Porter Ridge school systems , which I understand are really good.

Can't beat the location. Still feels like your in the country, but 5 minutes from anything you need.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2007, 09:13 PM

743 posts, read 2,233,879 times
I have to agree with Nina in Ashland, I loved Price Mill but with a house still for sale in MD, we had to go with what we could afford since we had no idea how long we would have two mortgages. But I have to say I do love Indian Trail much more, well until I saw the proposed Monroe bypass. Now I am not so sure. We live in Annandale which is right next to Bonterra so we are unsure which was the bypass will go and if it will affect us at all. But I have to say once I can move I will but may probably stay in Indian Trail/Porter Ridge schools. I may go further out towards Lawyers Rd which is very near civilization but able to get homes on at least an acre. That area is still very rural but close to Mint Hill

Old 07-23-2007, 09:17 PM

42 posts, read 129,420 times
Crismark is nice..Moderator cut: advertising However, in general the west part of Union is appreciating at a higher rate than the east. I have lived in Indian Trail and Waxhaw. I prefer Waxhaw/Weddington. As a former teacher, check out greatschools.net or maybe it's .org (had a glass of wine and can't quite remember) but, great site and will give you all the school information.

Last edited by Trainwreck20; 08-01-2007 at 09:17 AM..

Old 07-23-2007, 09:46 PM

10 posts, read 41,391 times
Default Indian Trail area vs Waxhaw/Weddington area

Thanks for all your remarks. I can definitely see this is not going to be an easy decision, but it has made me more excited for our trip down.

Dorothea

Old 07-23-2007, 09:50 PM

32 posts, read 112,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADR View Post
I live in Westport home in Crismark. So far I like the community. They don't bulldoze all the trees like most new communites. We actually got a nice wooded back yard. Which model are you looking at? We are in the Westport ranch plan, The Lexington.

My daughter is in a private school, Metrolina Christian Academy, but Crismark is in the Porter Ridge school systems , which I understand are really good.

Can't beat the location. Still feels like your in the country, but 5 minutes from anything you need.
We are looking at the Waterford II. It is a big house, but, we need it since it has 2 master bedrooms (one on the first floor, one on the second) and we are taking my wifes grandmother down with us. Do they leave you a nice backyard or is it all trees? I want to have a decent back yard.

Why did you chose private school opposed to public schools?

Old 07-24-2007, 08:14 AM
ADR

171 posts, read 515,303 times
Quote:
We are looking at the Waterford II. It is a big house, but, we need it since it has 2 master bedrooms (one on the first floor, one on the second) and we are taking my wifes grandmother down with us. Do they leave you a nice backyard or is it all trees? I want to have a decent back yard.

We have a nice back yard. It depends on what lot you pick I guess. Most seem pretty nice though.

We have her in a Christian School. Union County schools are great I hear but they are still public schools and God has been taken out of them. Her spiritual education is as important as her academic to me. That is our only reason. As I said, I hear the public schools are great.

Old 07-24-2007, 08:16 AM

293 posts, read 955,051 times
Quote:

We have a Waterford II and we absolutely love it. Westport builds a good home and you get ALOT of square footage for your money and we also have a huge yard in a cul de sac. We are not in Crismark. We're on the other side of 74 in Indian Trail. The schools are good and the area is beautiful. They are building the last house right now in our subdivision. We moved here about 8 months ago from LI and have met so many people from NY/NJ. We are also lucky enough to have great neighbors. I know some people in Crismark and they like it there. Best of luck with your move.

Old 07-24-2007, 08:56 AM

279 posts, read 1,081,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by md to nc View Post
I have to agree with Nina in Ashland, I loved Price Mill but with a house still for sale in MD, we had to go with what we could afford since we had no idea how long we would have two mortgages. But I have to say I do love Indian Trail much more, well until I saw the proposed Monroe bypass. Now I am not so sure. We live in Annandale which is right next to Bonterra so we are unsure which was the bypass will go and if it will affect us at all. But I have to say once I can move I will but may probably stay in Indian Trail/Porter Ridge schools. I may go further out towards Lawyers Rd which is very near civilization but able to get homes on at least an acre. That area is still very rural but close to Mint Hill
Hi! Have you been over to subdivs Willowbrook (I think this area is considered Matthews), or Ashe Plantation in Mint Hill? They are both really nice, but the latter one is more rural. Both are convenient to 485, and very pretty. You can buy for under 300k in both, too ...

Old 07-24-2007, 09:44 AM

999 posts, read 4,637,650 times
Quote:
We have looked at Crismark when we were down there and like it. We liked the Westport homes. Can you tell me your thoughts on the sub division? Do you have kids? Have you researched the schools?
I researched the schools, happy with the test scores. There are tons of trailers at the elementary school, they don't bother me, this year will be crowded, but there is a new school opening next year, and many kids (not Crismark) will be going there and that should alleviate the crowding at the school. The subdivision is nice, there seem to be plenty of kids, but also seems to be some without, both older and younger. We are in the very newest part of Eastwood homes section, we were only the 2nd house to be occupied on our street. (I liked the Westport homes too but couldn't wait for one to be built for me, Eastwood had some inventory homes to choose from) The lots for the Westport homes are nice, larger than the Eastwood ones. We've only been here for a few weeks, but have a daughter with multiple disabilities so we are already dealing with the schools and they have already been great, they have taken her program from Fayetteville and done better with it.

Old 07-24-2007, 09:48 AM

32 posts, read 112,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slvrcts04 View Post
We have a Waterford II and we absolutely love it. Westport builds a good home and you get ALOT of square footage for your money and we also have a huge yard in a cul de sac. We are not in Crismark. We're on the other side of 74 in Indian Trail. The schools are good and the area is beautiful. They are building the last house right now in our subdivision. We moved here about 8 months ago from LI and have met so many people from NY/NJ. We are also lucky enough to have great neighbors. I know some people in Crismark and they like it there. Best of luck with your move.

I am glad to see you like the Waterford II. It is a beautiful house. We are also relocating from LI. We have about 4 different friends down there already and our best friends are moving this week. Your in Brook Valley? We didn't look there when we went down. We are kind of limited as to the houses we are looking at since we need the 2 master bedrooms and don't want to break the bank.

Thanks for the advice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte