Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2011, 10:44 AM

10 posts, read 18,170 times

Advertisements

Hello -

I just moved to Charlotte from Northern NJ. I have a job lined up that I am starting Monday, Feb. 28th in the Southpark area. I am a 32 year old SWF and I don't know anyone in NC. I am looking for a roommate or an apartment/townhouse where I can meet people. I am looking to spend max of $750 per month. I am looking for advice or suggestions. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2011, 12:03 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,495,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mick712 View Post
Hello -

I just moved to Charlotte from Northern NJ. I have a job lined up that I am starting Monday, Feb. 28th in the Southpark area. I am a 32 year old SWF and I don't know anyone in NC. I am looking for a roommate or an apartment/townhouse where I can meet people. I am looking to spend max of $750 per month. I am looking for advice or suggestions. Thanks!
Congrats on the new job

Did you try Craigs List for some potential roommate situations?

Otherwise you can look at few one bedrooms in your price range near your job location. I like The Hamptsons at Southpark, Strawberry Hill, the Fairington and Gallaria Village. Best of luck in everything!

Old 02-27-2011, 05:10 PM

1,039 posts, read 2,996,410 times
I also suggest you look within the Southpark area for an apartment rental. You should be able to find a 1 bedroom within your price range and the commute will be great. Southpark apartments tend to have quite a few young professionals; people in their late 20's/early 30's who are still social and active but not quite looking for a "college crowd". Southpark is also very convenient to any of Charlotte's Uptown bars & clubs. Maybe after meeting some people you can find a good roommate situation and save some money on rent. I'm not sure if I would look on Craig's List for a roommate. Another option would be Queens University which is about 20 minutes from Southpark. I am sure they have some way of listing people who want/need roommates. Maybe a graduate student from there would be a good fit. Best of luck!

Old 02-27-2011, 06:21 PM

16 posts, read 52,165 times
If you can avoid mecklenberg county then do so. Taxes Taxes and more Taxes!
If I had known better I would not live in this county.

Old 02-27-2011, 06:29 PM

1,039 posts, read 2,996,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by km5er View Post
If you can avoid mecklenberg county then do so. Taxes Taxes and more Taxes!
If I had known better I would not live in this county.

This person is looking to rent. Exactly how does that translate into more taxes? The gas and commute time from outside of Mecklenburg county would far outweigh any financial benefits. Are you trying to bait or did you just not read the OP?

Old 02-27-2011, 07:11 PM

30 posts, read 46,253 times
I agree it is 100% worth it to live in Mecklenburg county if your job is in Charlotte. You will burn the difference in gas money and time commuting back and forth out of town. I have a sister that lives in Alexander place apts in the southpark area and they are in your price range for a 2 bedroom. She's been their about 6 years so I guess she likes it.

Old 02-27-2011, 08:31 PM

Cakalac81 - i thought about Alexander place apartments. I can't find much info on the internet about them. So if your sister has been there 6 years then she must like it. I will look some more. Thanks so much for the info.

Old 02-28-2011, 06:56 PM

30 posts, read 46,253 times
I think she pays around 700 a month plus bills. Google Alexander Place apts in Charlotte NC. I'm sure their are many others but this one came to mind.

Old 02-28-2011, 07:11 PM

I looked at Alexander Place apartments today. I got to say I was turned off by them. Thanks for the info. I am still looking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: