U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2007, 07:55 AM

532 posts, read 1,565,304 times

Advertisements

My son did not go to Holy Trinity. In fact, he attended Bradley.

But to add my two cents, I think anywhere, across the county, middle school is just tough. It's a tough age for kids and I think no matter what school you research, there's going to be problems. I really haven't heard of a middle school anywhere that has raving reviews.

Have you looked into St. Marks? They are K-8 and they're much closer to Mt. Island (and Bradley) than HT.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2007, 04:50 PM

16 posts, read 44,826 times
HT does not have a great principal. That is were the problem lies, Jerry Healy was principal when it first opened and he was excellent in bringing together kids from all the different elementary schools. Unfortunately, we lost him to CCHS, but I was glad because it was at the same time that mine were moving up to CCHS. Another problem they have over there is that they pull alot of teachers right out of college (Notre Dame use to be a big college they drew from) and they are just too young, inexperienced and generally dont have the strong faith basis they need. There are, however, some excellent teachers over there. I say bring back the nuns!!! If you would like to talk to one of the teachers - PM me and I can have that happen. She's would be very honest and she truly cares about her students.

Old 07-28-2007, 05:23 PM

37 posts, read 184,578 times
We've moved from Charlotte, but lived there when our children were school age. A former administrator at HT advised me not to send them there, but to continue homeschooling. Several parents from our parish gave the same advice. For us, it was the best choice. However, we knew families who chose public schools or secular private schools, and they were very pleased. The comments I heard from parents who had children at HT and/or CCHS indicated that there wasn't a whole lot that was "Catholic" about either one. Perhaps things have changed for the better since then; I hope so.

Old 07-29-2007, 12:00 PM

441 posts, read 1,066,877 times
Default Lacking in Faith

Ohhhh....the statements of the negative just keep coming. Many folks have told me that the Catholic part of HT is very much lacking. That is very sad to hear...but I guess it is the reality.
T

Quote:
Originally Posted by taben View Post
We are hearing mixed reveiws about the Catholic Middle Schools in Charlotte. Most folks tell us good things about the elementary and high school, but that the middle school is lacking.

Any thoughts on this? Is there just the one middle school near the main hospital, as we were told?

T
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or