U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2011, 02:10 PM

355 posts, read 1,319,600 times

Advertisements

Having moved from Los Angeles to Charleston and now heading to Charlotte I can tell you from experience that I really think you'd like either.

There are *******s everywhere. Unfortunately, that's part of society. Southerners do not have the monopoly on nice people. However, if you notice-many people FROM the West Coast would go back. And many people from the East Coast would come back. It's definitely about how open minded you are, how you approach life and what you're looking to give and get out of your own life.

I really don't think anything else matters as much as that. Both cities are beautiful and have interesting people, nice neighborhoods, tons of things to do and great opportunities. The economy is suffering everywhere, and right now it is difficult to choose based on job availability. Each state is going through the same thing with differing levels of severity.

Explore both cities to your best ability. Make a list of what you want and what you don't want. And try to take everyone's opinions with a grain of salt. Unfortunately no one can make this decision for you better than you can.

Good luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2011, 09:32 AM

236 posts, read 489,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by headhunter18 View Post
San Diego is heaven, I went there many times, beautiful people, fun place, Charlotte is full of backward people whose minds are stuck in the last century, I would run away from Charlotte at the first chance I get.
That same belief could apply to San Diego, California. All of Charlotte is not like that. I would suggest Charlotte, as California is tanking everyday. I moved from California two years ago. I visited twice last year. I would not move back. Cost of living is way too high. I love my California residents, but a girl has got to live.

Old 03-10-2011, 10:35 AM

817 posts, read 646,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessJoyce View Post
That same belief could apply to San Diego, California. All of Charlotte is not like that. I would suggest Charlotte, as California is tanking everyday. I moved from California two years ago. I visited twice last year. I would not move back. Cost of living is way too high. I love my California residents, but a girl has got to live.
Maybe it's different for princes and princesses, I belong to the peasant class, so my experience would be different from a princess like your's I guess

Old 03-12-2011, 04:49 PM

21 posts, read 35,016 times
I'll take a big back yard with woods and fresh air over *******s in SoCal, dry all year round and over priced houses ANYDAY of the week. So glad im moving back to Charlotte.

Old 03-12-2011, 04:56 PM

21 posts, read 35,016 times
@headhunter, im far from backwards btw. I just can't take the douche bags here in socal. Im dying for A THANK YOU, AND A YOU'RE WELCOME. Is that so hard to ask for? lol. No people skills. Im telling you, this was the first thing I noticed when I moved here. It happens ALL OF THE TIME. I didn't come out here expecting to hate this place, I wanted to like it, and I like SOME things about it. But the people...ugh. I could give you so many examples of how people here are dicks and have no respect. It IS a pretty city though...too bad the people have to ruin it.

Old 03-12-2011, 11:56 PM

1,738 posts, read 750,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoBHC View Post
yeah rdub, the people here are pretty shallow, and rude. It was he first thing I noticed after I moved here. SO glad to be going back.
I lived there from 1995 through 1997 and I felt the same way. I always thought that the stereotypical shallow "surfer dude"- not a care in the world (or for the rest of it)- mentality was not only NOT a stereotype after all, but was alive and well and... completely unnerving! The weather ON THE COAST was GLORIOUS, however. Inland- brutal heat.

Old 03-13-2011, 02:56 PM

3 posts, read 12,819 times
Lived both places. San Diego is beautiful in a lots of places, but not everwhere in the city. The weather is second to none. Charlotte is beautiful also but in a different way. Charlotte have the more trees, which is a big plus to many. In San Diego one would soon get the feel of being land locked between Mexico to the south (which is not as inviting as one may think), the desert to the east (ditto) the ocean the the west (nice). One would have to travel north to LA metro to get a more diverse city feel (IMO). SD has a very large TEXMEX feel, a bit of Asian feel, and Massive military (ala Fayetteville) feel. Not much through traffic bringing diversity like Charlotte (I-85 & I-77). Once there, LA metro is your only real escape, unless you wanna gamble and go south. I don't get a sense that SD is bigger than Charlotte, at least not a significant feel...same for Phoenix Az.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or