U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Thread summary:

Charlotte: established neighborhood, marina information, commuter line, popular shopping area

Old 07-24-2007, 06:40 PM

38 posts, read 128,160 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone! I am new to posting but have been reading other posts for the past few days.

My husband and I are moving to the Charlotte area and have little time to find a house (about 2 months). We visited last weekend and found that we liked Huntersville, Cornelius, Davidson and Mooresville. Mount Holly was ok too, but we didn't get around to visiting Belmont and Harrisburg (which we are also considering). Does anybody have any thoughts or suggestions? We are looking for a home in an established neighborhood rather than a new development. My husband will be working in North Meck and I haven't found a job yet, but we would like something that wouldn't be too bad of a commute (I can deal with up to an hour, him....not so much) wherever I find a job.

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2007, 06:56 PM

4,299 posts, read 13,620,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by faye_dway View Post
Hi everyone! I am new to posting but have been reading other posts for the past few days.

My husband and I are moving to the Charlotte area and have little time to find a house (about 2 months). We visited last weekend and found that we liked Huntersville, Cornelius, Davidson and Mooresville. Mount Holly was ok too, but we didn't get around to visiting Belmont and Harrisburg (which we are also considering). Does anybody have any thoughts or suggestions? We are looking for a home in an established neighborhood rather than a new development. My husband will be working in North Meck and I haven't found a job yet, but we would like something that wouldn't be too bad of a commute (I can deal with up to an hour, him....not so much) wherever I find a job.

Thanks in advance!

I like Wynfield Forest in Huntersville. Drive through it's very nice.

Old 07-24-2007, 07:31 PM

22,974 posts, read 58,465,585 times
Established neighborhoods in Huntersville I recommend Cedarfield, Wynfield, Hampton Ridge. The homes in these location are not so cookie cutter as other subdivisions and have established trees, community pools, club house, and walkable streets & sidewalks.

I have saved a list of useful threads on city data of the area feel free to browse or comment on any of them.

Newcomer Photo Guide to Lake Norman and surrounding area Im going to add on to this soon just been kind of busy.

Huntersville New Construction subdivisions that may have new homes constructed

Update on Light Rail in Charlotte future commuter line

this thread is about huntersville apartments Huntersville

Huntersville - Gilead Village/Ridge subdivision

Mooresville or Huntersville? pros and cons between the two cities

Huntersville Farmers Market tuesday and saturday mornings 7 to 12

Harvest Pointe in Huntersville subdivision

Lake Norman? brief pro & cons of the area

Hunterville vs. Concord pros & cons between the two cities

Do you like Lake Norman? local opinion

Looking at Huntersville brief chat about the area & parks

Monteith Park Here We Come subdivision

Once and for all, Huntersville to Charlotte discussion on ways to avoid traffic

Beatties Ford area about this road and the area around it

What is new at exit 23 in Huntersville new commercial and residential development

Commute Between Huntersville and Charlotte avoiding backups

Is Lake Norman area rolling hills? debate on geography

Huntersville? discussion on benefit of living here

Details on Birkdale Area? local popular living and shopping area

Birkdale Village huntersville popular living and shopping information

Cedarfield huntersville subdivision

Looking for a good marina in Lake Norman marina information

Vets in Lake Norman pet vets in lake norman

Need some Lake Norman Adivice! member discussing his adventures of renting pontoon boat for a day of fun on Lake Norman

Lake Norman dinner cruise?~ A great way to enjoy Lake Norman

Any Lake Norman Boaters Out There?? discussion about physcial part of the lake

Banana Cream pie today! discussion on where to get a good cake & pie

Restaurants/Bars on the Water waterfront restaurants and bars on Lake Norman

Lake Norman Fishing spots? dont tell the fish

fancy birthday cakes - Lake Norman area info where to get a good fancy cake for parties

Flood zone?? Lake Norman Huntersville area flood information

Good hair salon in Lake Norman or hair salon information

Lake Norman Monster beware of the legend

Lake Norman Area some brief expeirence about wanting to relocate to the area

Lake Norman??? interesting history of the area

Lake Norman Towns local cities

give a you a decent prospective

Old 07-24-2007, 08:14 PM

38 posts, read 128,160 times
Thank you so much....all the info has helped a lot, and Cedarfield really seems like a winner. I can't wait til our next trip to Charlotte to check it out in person!

Old 07-24-2007, 08:16 PM

928 posts, read 3,530,263 times
Awsome - atleast 1 job out of 2 is good.

You can have my job, I just gave my 2 weeks notice. I've leave CLT.

I just saw some beautiful new builds in Belmont right behind Belmont Central Elementary last weekend very nice if I was in the market.

Come on and enjoy. If I had to choose, again, I would hands down pick huntersville. You have everything you want withing several exits in Huntersville, plus there are those awsome home developments and the lakes to pick from. Good luck. You will get a job, there are two major banks to pick from and ton's of other good companies.

Old 07-24-2007, 08:19 PM

4,299 posts, read 13,620,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by faye_dway View Post
Thank you so much....all the info has helped a lot, and Cedarfield really seems like a winner. I can't wait til our next trip to Charlotte to check it out in person!

Yes I agree Cedarfield is nice also, nice homes, nice prices, nice area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or