U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2012, 01:36 PM

205 posts, read 570,692 times

Advertisements

Can you please clarify? Most if not all marina slips on Norman and Wylie are leased monthly or yearly and not privately owned unless they are private neighborhood docks. You should be able to get a slip at almost any one of the public marinas right now. The only place I have seen marina slips that are privately owned are at marinas on the coast.

What lake do you want to be on?

If you are referring to someone renting a private slip at their lake house, that is going to be more of a "hush-hush" word of mouth thing since it is against the dock permitting regulations to rent a private dock. Not saying it does not happen but it is not talked about much. As I understand it, getting caught can be grounds for revocation of dock permit which is not good for the property owner.

Last edited by nc2sc778; 04-11-2012 at 01:47 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2012, 07:59 AM

3,756 posts, read 8,380,793 times
Default Does anyone dock at Holiday Marina?

Looking for Pros and Cons?

Thanks in advance.

Old 04-12-2012, 04:04 PM

26 posts, read 45,238 times
I agree, we keep our boat stored at Storette of Tega Cay (near Lake Wylie) for $40.00 per month. Charles is great, we gas it up a lot cheaper than on the lake and we can take it out anywhere we want. The plus side is we launch it for free and park free at Nevins boat launch. When we want to go to Lake Norman, we just prick it up and bring there..very convienient. Good luck and see ya on the water

Old 04-19-2012, 08:52 AM

4,760 posts, read 6,407,764 times
Holiday? Be prepared to shell out some serious cash for a slip there. Very desirable. Very pricey. (last time I checked)

Old 04-20-2012, 08:11 AM

3,756 posts, read 8,380,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spankys bbq View Post
Holiday? Be prepared to shell out some serious cash for a slip there. Very desirable. Very pricey. (last time I checked)

Really Spanky? Thanks! I thought Morningstar at Kings Point was off the charts!

Old 04-20-2012, 08:43 AM

3,914 posts, read 3,940,876 times
Any of those marinas on Hwy 73 in Mecklenburg is going to be expensive. That new one that you can see from I-77 around Exit 30 is also sky high. Prices are better if you head up to Hwy 150 or on the West side of the lake. There are 4-5 dry docks right where Hwy 150 crosses the main channel, and a couple of more west of there where the bridges also cross the lake. There is at least 1 if not 2 more marinas up on Perth Rd above Hwy 150, and the Northern most marina, right on the main channel as it heads back to the Catawba River is accessed from Denver.

Some advice here. If you rent in one of those northern marinas (not on the main channel) make sure that you can boat to it. Some of them require you to go under some very low bridges to get to the rest of the lake. Boats with wakeboard towers and most pontoon boats won't fit under them especially if the lake is full.

Old 04-22-2012, 05:32 PM

224 posts, read 397,363 times
blue..
why r u shopping for a new slip??
let me know what size your boat is, and i will get you some prices.

Old 04-27-2012, 09:47 AM

2,031 posts, read 4,686,094 times
Default floating dock/pier available Mooresville

We will have a floating dock available for rent within the next week or so.
DM me for more info if interested.
Thanks

Old 04-27-2012, 03:05 PM

2,031 posts, read 4,686,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frewroad View Post
Any of those marinas on Hwy 73 in Mecklenburg is going to be expensive. That new one that you can see from I-77 around Exit 30 is also sky high. Prices are better if you head up to Hwy 150 or on the West side of the lake. There are 4-5 dry docks right where Hwy 150 crosses the main channel, and a couple of more west of there where the bridges also cross the lake. There is at least 1 if not 2 more marinas up on Perth Rd above Hwy 150, and the Northern most marina, right on the main channel as it heads back to the Catawba River is accessed from Denver.

Some advice here. If you rent in one of those northern marinas (not on the main channel) make sure that you can boat to it. Some of them require you to go under some very low bridges to get to the rest of the lake. Boats with wakeboard towers and most pontoon boats won't fit under them especially if the lake is full.
Wanted to mention Stutts,Inland Sea and All Seasons Marinas.
First 2 are off Brawley School Rd and All Seasons is off Langtree.

Agree re bridges but regarding private docks some don't have very deep water. In the drought of 2007 many docks were dry and in some areas they won't have usable water in the Summer in any year.

Old 05-01-2012, 06:29 AM

1 posts, read 5,427 times
Default Interested in renting your floating dock for the summer on Lake Norman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatsthenews View Post
We will have a floating dock available for rent within the next week or so.
DM me for more info if interested.
Thanks
Where is your dock located? I'd be interested in renting it for the summer.

Anyone else have a personal dock for rent for the summer?

Thanks.

lq
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or