Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2009, 10:33 AM

4,507 posts, read 9,060,246 times

Advertisements

We had our tank pumped and inspected when we bought our house but I can't remember the name of the company we used. We need to have it pumped and checked again, hopefully just pumped but I suspect a few moist spots near the box are not caused by the recent rains.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2009, 11:44 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,464,470 times
NCyank - Just wondering - have you ever had a septic tank before? The reason I ask is . . . a septic tank should never have to be pumped more often than every 10 years or so, and for many homeowners, that would be too soon. The problem sounds more like a drain field problem than a septic tank problem, but even those kinds of problems are pretty rare, especially since you had it inspected when you moved in. I mention this b/c I would hate for you to pay to have the tank pumped when that is not where the problem is, if there is, indeed, a problem. Is this new construction?

Old 04-15-2009, 12:31 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,060,246 times
We've had septic before but never one with a pump and the others were all newer construction. This one is coming up on 40 years old and it's been 6 years since it's been pumped. I suspect the problem is in the supply line or the distribution box and we'll only pump if needed but we'd like to keep a close eye on it since it's so old.

Old 04-15-2009, 12:37 PM

373 posts, read 1,471,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
The reason I ask is . . . a septic tank should never have to be pumped more often than every 10 years or so, and for many homeowners, that would be too soon.
I guess that is bad news for us. New construction and the builder has been pumping our septic system WEEKLY since September of last year. What a nightmare.

As for a REPUTABLE septic company. I would highly recommend Autry Septic (704) 357-1249 Welcome, Installations, Inspections, Autry Septic Tank Service, Charlotte, NC

Old 04-16-2009, 12:02 AM

171 posts, read 272,134 times
cici's pizza?

Old 04-16-2009, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaCruzes View Post
I guess that is bad news for us. New construction and the builder has been pumping our septic system WEEKLY since September of last year. What a nightmare.
Oh nooooo. What on earth is the problem? I am stunned to hear that the builder has felt this is a solution to a problem that he should correct. What an outrageous situation for you to be dealing with. Yeah, I would agree - that sounds like a nightmare.

Old 04-16-2009, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCyank View Post
We've had septic before but never one with a pump and the others were all newer construction. This one is coming up on 40 years old and it's been 6 years since it's been pumped. I suspect the problem is in the supply line or the distribution box and we'll only pump if needed but we'd like to keep a close eye on it since it's so old.
Oh, okay. Well, 40 y/o . . . that is different. I hope you find it is nothing of consequence. Also, would you mind letting us know if you find a good service so we can recommend the company in the future?

Old 04-16-2009, 11:14 AM

373 posts, read 1,471,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Oh nooooo. What on earth is the problem? I am stunned to hear that the builder has felt this is a solution to a problem that he should correct. What an outrageous situation for you to be dealing with. Yeah, I would agree - that sounds like a nightmare.

Sent you a DM

Old 06-29-2011, 10:48 AM

1 posts, read 1,432 times
We can locate and pump your septic tank and perform any of the necessary repairs needed on a septic system. We have a successfully proven method of drain field rejuvenation that we can provide to any customer who has this problem. Charlotte septic tank pumping

for more information follow the link:

[url=http://lakenormanseptic.com/blog/septic-tanks-charlotte-lake-norman-sewer-septic/]Septic Tanks Charlotte | Lake Norman Sewer & Septic |[/url]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: