Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2011, 04:09 PM

10,006 posts, read 11,151,702 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by js1mom View Post
Wow! In weighing the differences between Raleigh and Charlotte I'll say one thing---- the folks on the Raleigh forum are a DARN site nicer than some folks I've come across on the Charlotte forum in just FIVE MINUTES of reading!
Because of one post?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2011, 04:42 PM

817 posts, read 810,834 times
Quote:
Wow! In weighing the differences between Raleigh and Charlotte I'll say one thing---- the folks on the Raleigh forum are a DARN site nicer than some folks I've come across on the Charlotte forum in just FIVE MINUTES of reading!
Yeah usually most people down in Charlotte are very rude and condescending.

Old 03-12-2011, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by headhunter18 View Post
Yeah usually most people down in Charlotte are very rude and condescending.
??????

Old 03-13-2011, 11:18 AM

1,738 posts, read 845,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
Because of one post?

Nope- in about 5 minutes of reading various posts I read several rude comments- just finally felt compelled to mention it on this one. However, this morning I stand corrected, because a REALLY rude dude showed his "Native_Son" colors on the Raleigh threads. So--- Charlotte--- my humble apologies. It is true that unnecessary rudeness simply permeats this entire country... maybe even the world these days??? Some must join these threads just to make everyone else as miserable as they are---- and not to be helpful at all...

Edit: LOL! Never mind--- he was from Charlotte, too! So Charlotte "wins" hands down!

Old 03-13-2011, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Nope- in about 5 minutes of reading various posts I read several rude comments- just finally felt compelled to mention it on this one. However, this morning I stand corrected, because a REALLY rude dude showed his "Native_Son" colors on the Raleigh threads. So--- Charlotte--- my humble apologies. It is true that unnecessary rudeness simply permeats this entire country... maybe even the world these days??? Some must join these threads just to make everyone else as miserable as they are---- and not to be helpful at all...

Edit: LOL! Never mind--- he was from Charlotte, too! So Charlotte "wins" hands down!
Thats why you don't take these forums seriously...grain of salt my friend...grain of salt.

Old 03-13-2011, 01:54 PM

16 posts, read 35,528 times
Yes, Charlotte is a great place to live and work! I went to high school here then away for college and after a year or two of playing around (living different places), moved back to Charlotte. I love it, there's a lot to do yet sometimes seems like a small town. I always have felt safe here. Hope this helps!

Old 03-14-2011, 09:54 AM

308 posts, read 617,430 times
[quote The downtown is pretty nice, and safe for the most part, I don't like the social scene here and would say it's in the bottom 5 for the singles scene, but that's just my opinion, you might find it to be different.[/quote]

But as you mentioned in your angry/annoying private messages to me and earlier postings, you don't like the social scene because you can't get a date because women here do not like you because you are from India and they are rude and ignorant. LOL!!

Placing Charlotte on the bottom 5 for the singles scene would be putting Charlotte behind New Delhi, Baliwood, Mumbai, Madras, right?

Old 03-14-2011, 10:32 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newcomerfromuk View Post
[quote The downtown is pretty nice, and safe for the most part, I don't like the social scene here and would say it's in the bottom 5 for the singles scene, but that's just my opinion, you might find it to be different.
But as you mentioned in your angry/annoying private messages to me and earlier postings, you don't like the social scene because you can't get a date because women here do not like you because you are from India and they are rude and ignorant. LOL!!

Placing Charlotte on the bottom 5 for the singles scene would be putting Charlotte behind New Delhi, Baliwood, Mumbai, Madras, right? [/quote]

Ah, so there is more to the story than we knew. Thanks for filling in the blanks

I do feel badly for anyone from another country and culture who comes to Charlotte and can't find their niche'.

It's hard to be so far from home and lonely I'm sure.

But I'm thinking this would happen whether the poster was in Charlotte or New York. In fact, I think the bigger the city the lonlier you feel sometimes.

Old 03-14-2011, 03:57 PM

308 posts, read 617,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post

Placing Charlotte on the bottom 5 for the singles scene would be putting Charlotte behind New Delhi, Baliwood, Mumbai, Madras, right?

Ah, so there is more to the story than we knew. Thanks for filling in the blanks

I do feel badly for anyone from another country and culture who comes to Charlotte and can't find their niche'.

It's hard to be so far from home and lonely I'm sure.

But I'm thinking this would happen whether the poster was in Charlotte or New York. In fact, I think the bigger the city the lonlier you feel sometimes.[/quote]

You are correct. People need to look at themselves and ask if there is something wrong personally. In this case there definately is. I will go out of my way to make an obvious newcomer, especially a foreigner, feel comfortable and at home. This bloke is out there.

Old 03-14-2011, 05:33 PM

10 posts, read 16,291 times
Shop around; actually in the end; it will be "what you make of it" for a living experience. Many things here are hidden and you may not discover them unless you go out and look for them.
Networking for some is critical for survival.
All in all it will be what you make of what the community has to offer.
Personally I wish I had not believed what I had read and heard and NOT moved here. Each to their own.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte