U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2011, 05:50 AM

69 posts, read 238,393 times

Advertisements

I hate when people throw their butts out their windows but also when they just throw them on the ground or in the grass, etc. Not only could it poss. start a fire but there are animals that could grab it and eat it, children that can get ahold of them, etc. It is def. one of my pet peeves!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2011, 07:49 AM

1,117 posts, read 2,452,161 times
Was on I-85 N last week and came-up on the road construction at Kings Mountain.
Within the space of 10 seconds, the driver of the Hummer in front of me threw-out his cigarette butt, the passenger tossed some confectionary wrappings and then they overtook a car via the hard shoulder, ultimately so that they could sit in the standstill traffic one car ahead.

I hope my next car has James Bond-esque weaponry.

Old 03-12-2011, 07:59 AM

7,180 posts, read 11,194,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swampfoxer View Post
^I report butt throwers here.
Cool site! But does it do anything when you report them here?

Old 03-12-2011, 08:09 AM

2,352 posts, read 4,024,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripes17 View Post
Cool site! But does it do anything when you report them here?
This happens:

Upon receipt of the litterbug information, we will:
  • Notify the vehicle owner of the littering offense
  • Inform the vehicle owner of the penalties for littering
  • Urge the litterbug to stop littering
A formal notification is signed by the Colonel of the North Carolina State Highway Patrol (http://www.ncdot.org/doh/operations/dp_chief_eng/roadside/Beautification/Litterbug/..%5Cdownload%5CSwatALitterbugLetters%5C2010SWATLe tterColG.pdf - broken link). This letter helps educate and remind citizens of their civic responsibility to protect the environment.

Old 03-12-2011, 09:10 AM

403 posts, read 763,808 times
If they have this kind of form for litterbugs, I just wonder if there is a form for crazy drivers that don't give a rip how they drive around others. You know the kind...they maneuver themselves within a few inches of your vehicle...endangering your life and those around them...only to get down to the same light that you and the others are headed. I know this is changing the above subject...but really not, because you are still dealing with the same kind of person...thoughtless!!

Old 03-12-2011, 02:48 PM

686 posts, read 1,414,163 times
I worked with a girl who was around 25 years old. She smoked and when i called her on throwing the butt out of the window, she said that she didn't realize that it was wrong. She thought they just composted or something.
That isn't the only way she lacked intelligence, but that is for a different post.

Old 03-13-2011, 07:19 PM

1,508 posts, read 2,469,341 times
I don't understand people who would rather throw their Starbucks and McDonalds cups on the train tracks at the LYNX stations, when there are several trash bins right there available for use. That is such slobbery.

Old 03-13-2011, 09:42 PM

1,056 posts, read 1,745,626 times
I agree 100%. Look around at many of the bus stops here in Charlotte and you see mountains of fast food trash just waiting for the next windy day to blow it all over creation. Calling it slobbery is too kind for these scum.

Old 03-13-2011, 10:01 PM

8,231 posts, read 11,578,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhawks91 View Post
I worked with a girl who was around 25 years old. She smoked and when i called her on throwing the butt out of the window, she said that she didn't realize that it was wrong. She thought they just composted or something.
That isn't the only way she lacked intelligence, but that is for a different post.

If they don't have the filter they will do just that.....

Many people are just lazy and won't take the five extra steps to toss trash in a can.

Old 03-13-2011, 10:16 PM

359 posts, read 503,227 times
They just don't care
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte