U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2011, 05:26 PM

182 posts, read 435,013 times

Advertisements

Having been a client/student of a well established hair salon in Atlanta, Georgia, a few years ago, I was introduced to the French Balayage color technique as well as French Hair Cutting techniques. My hair has never looked better and I've yet to find a salon in Charlotte that specializes, not immitates, but truly is immersed in this particular method of hair styling. The distinct difference in the color technique is that no "foil" is involved...the highlites are hand painted and seperated with cellophane or saran wrap. It's big city stuff so I have to believe there is a hair salon in Charlotte that practices this type of color application!

As a stylist myself, I am considering a move to Charlotte and really want to work in a salon that embraces and practices this type of hair coloring and styling. So...hairdressers or clients alike...do any of you know of a salon in the Charlotte area that would fit the bill? Small boutique individually owned salons are a preference over large corporate multi-location salons. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Old 03-13-2011, 05:59 PM

982 posts, read 1,189,186 times
try this one?
hair by giovanna: To Balayage or Not: That is the Question

Old 02-24-2013, 01:12 PM

2 posts, read 3,234 times
Default Balayage... Charlotte, NC

No real Balayage from what I have found. Tried a few nice places including Re:Salon. Giovanna is no longer in Charlotte. Salons I've tried here do not use the thick bleach that you find at Dessange, etc. so it gets everywhere.
If anyone knows of someone well versed in Balayage please let me know .
Southern Sunshine ☀ I wish you were in Charlotte! Do you have an opinion on someone great at Balayage in Charleston or even Atlanta?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte